Parental issues

Colt2187

Hi, I haven't posted here in a long time, but life hasn't been going smoothly.

My parents have this big trust issue with me. I don't know why b/c I know that I can say that I'm not a bad kid. I never give them any problems in school, obeying orders, I never talk back, and do anything they want me to. So why do they always have to be up my ass all the time. I mean don't get the wrong impression about them they always try to give me what I want and sometimes even better.

I wish they could lend me a little more rope. I get jealous sometimes about my friends parents. They aren't as strict as mine and hav a good relationship where they can joke around and get away with some things that I can't. For example driving, they let their kids drive as soon as they get their license and when ever and where ever they want. Me, I had to wait 2 months and the only reason I'm driving now is because my dad had to get foot surgery. You'd think that since I've been driving since last summer they'd trust me a little bit but no they still treat me like a little kid.

How can I deal with a dad who did all the bad things when he was my age(he tod us he was a problem child and the black sheep but never revealed the crazy things he did in his youth) who is hard headed and always think he's right and doesn't realize it until it's so late and a mother who can't let me go, or at least loosen up a little bit.

• Author

Here's the thing my mom always takes my dad's side. She has no brain of her own she's like a puppet.

My dad is a paranoid control freak. He always thinks hes right and whenever i do speak up to him he think im talking back. It always has to be his way. He said if me or my sister ever went against him he'd kick urs out of the house naked and w/ nothing b/c that's wut we own