Sister with boyfriend is secretive and respondes to sister and family with attitude

daisy79

Ever since my sister has been going out with her boyfriend she has become very secretive.

She lies about where she goes and she does not like anyone in our family especially me to be asking questions about what is going on in her life.

When I ask her casually about where she went or what she did that day she replies by asking me do I ask you about what you did or where you went? SHe just totally avoids the question.

She is 27 years old and I am 25 and I don't know how to get through to her.

I honestly don't see her relationship with the guy going to far becuase she is not even comfortable talking about her relationships with this guy with me at all.

At least for me when you like someone or are even in love with someone they are suppose to bring out the best in you and you want to share your happiness with everyone including your sister and family.

They are not suppose to make you act like a witch towards your family and especially toward your sister.

I am not her enemy. I will always be there for her in her life.

I really need some feedback for you guys out there on this because the way my sister is acting is really bothering me and I would like any help you guys can offer on this

It's a familiar story. There's something about him that she knows you would not approve of. The reality is that she is an adult and must make her own mistakes. Just make sure not to alienate her, and keep communication open, so that when she really needs you some night at 3 am, she'll be willing to pick up the phone and call...

I will always be there for her in her life.

Make sure you let her know this in a neutral way. Even if she does not seem to appreciate it now, it's important that she hear it. I can assure you she will remember it and call upon you some day.