wife vs. parents and stuck in the middle.

theblizz20

i have been married for 6 years and my wife and parents cant seem to get along with each other. each side is constantly point the finger the other way and blaming the other person. i have tried to be the middle man and now its to the point where its make it or break it. one thing that doesn't help is that my mother and wife work for the same sales company and my wife is under my mom. my wife wants out from under her and separated. in doing so, my mom would lose all of her commission and will put them under financially. my mom said if we cant fix it in both, then cant fix it at all. both seem to be little bit ok on trying to fix things for me family wise, but wont budge on the work issue. i cant take it any more and about to lose it. we do have two kids to throw in the mix. i don't know what to do. i have tried telling each side how it is and to be firm, but once again nothing but the blame game in return. i have to decide whether to separate the work place and ruin parents financially or keep them together. (wife refuses to do) i just wish i could disappear.

• 2 weeks later...

I sympathise with you. My ex-wife and my family also had issues, which led to my estrangement from my family for years. It's a really difficult situation for all.

I would suggest separating the work and family issues. The work issues need to be dealt with professionally through an objective mediator at the company. Once that is resolved, it may be easier to address the family issue as both sides will have to live with the decision which was made by the company.

Your wife and children should be your priority-- not your mommy. Would you rather live with a happy wife who has sex with you, cares for your children and cares for you, your home, and lives together. Or would you rather have a happy mommy (who does WHAT exactly for you now?) and an unhappy wife? When your mom disrespects your wife/lover/partner/mother of your children you should tell her to bite her tongue and mind her business. What kind of man lets his mommy mistreat and disrespect his wife? Grow up and behave like a man, not a 12 year old.

• Author

i know your right. i have read many stories similar to mine and all have close results. i told my wife that im done dealing with the dumb crap. if they want to fight and argue, then they fix it. they both want things better for me. i also told her that my parents seem to more of the issue than her. especially my father here lately. they have to live with the hate and anger, not me. they need to grow up and stop assuming every little thing. i think the assuming is the biggest down fall for them. if they want to fix it and make it right, then its in there hands not mine. im happy with what i have here at my home. i have been married 6.5 years and dated for 4 years before that and i can only think of maybe three arguments we have ever hand. my parents have to get over it. they can live with it not me.

• Author

my wife agrees with the separation of work and family. i told her in the beginning not to sign up under my mom. what i told her what could happened end up happening. it just sucks now that my wife's business is growing and my mom gets commission from that and now they rely on that every month to pay bills. if they separate, then they lose all that and would be financially set back badly. my mom told me if they cant fix it in the business then we cant fix any of it. what kind of crap is that. my mother put all the weight of the decision whether to separate and crush them financially or stay together in the business. i shouldn't have to make that decision. :mad: