I told her Im uncomfortable with it.

Patty

I think Im going to ask my boss if I can just work Mon-Fri shift.Theres alot of reasons why.For one I cant drive and on Saturdays my mother forces me to ride in cabs every winter cause she complains cause she has to warm up the car to bring me.So today,I just said to her,"Im not comfortable riding in cabs".And she didnt even care and I told her,and she's like "oh well" thats the way it will be every winter.Im not comfortable cause I had alot of bad experiences with cab drivers.I just wish there was some way,I could get out of it.I feel scared even thinking about the thought about riding in the cab.

Patty

Does she know WHY you don't want to take cabs? I think it's a very valid fear for a young lady and a definite possiblity you'll end up in the cab with some wierdo. Do you have friends who drive who could take you where you need to go sometimes? Then, it wouldn't leave your Mom with the "burden" of heating the car up ALL the time. How far are you from getting your own drivers license?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know your age but you certainly have rights at any age, in my opinion. Somehow you need to get her to listen to you about your feelings. I don't think you should have to do anything you don't want. Can you take a bus instead? Can you use carpooling with others? I agree with the last person that you could tell her your reasons. Sometimes it's hard but it may help. Good luck with it.