Boyfriend angry with his child's step-father

Sinner86

My boyfriend has a 9 year old son. He separated from his child's mother when he was 3 due to their lack of compatibility. Today the woman has remarried and now has 2 more kids with her new man. My boyfriend has been voicing his concern lately that the stepfather has been yelling at his son too many times than none. He tried to talk it out with the stepfather but the abusiveness occured again when the stepfather grabbed the kid by his shirt and chucked him into his room because he didn't want to come inside from playing basketball right away. My boyfriend approached his ex but she seems to think that it is a perfectly acceptable form of discipline. My boyfriend feels if the child is complaining then it is happening way too often and the mother is not intervening. Today my boyfriend called me while I was at work to explain that his son had complained to his grandfather and him that the stepfather was yelling at him, ordered him to clean their room (WHAT?), and was verbally abusing him with strong profanity.

My boyfriend is livid and is considering getting physical with the stepgather since he feels that the stepfather is not "taking him seriously" - I told him that this is not the way to handle it but he feels that he must handle this for his son's sake. I have no idea how to calm him down or how to make him come to reason.

How do I handle this?

Edited by Sinner86