small sister best friend

Sw3etdev1L

Sw3etdev1L

When I was a kid my father trained me to see my sister as my best friend..

I went through some bumps in my life, and those were things which made me lose contact with some of the good friends I had.

Of course I stiill have 2 friends I can rely in , at least.

It has been bothering me lately that.... I am 26, she is 21... I thought I used to get along with her so good, I thought she looked up to me.

After I went through those bumps I felt, that instead of her looking up to me, she started looking down on me.... which until now it bothers me.

Sometimes, I get frustrated because she thinks she is already too mature and intelligent, and nice and stuff... but.. truth is, although she is intelligent, she is not that mature, she is nice though... but sometimes... I think I give much of myself to her, and I feel... she is not reciprocating..

Now I have a boyfriend with whom I spend lots of time with now, but when I was single and she was available to go out and stuff, I used to ask her to go places with me and stuff, until she once started saying that I used to use her just to entertain myself... Eventhough the fact I would go with her was because I enjoyed her company..

She said that sometimes so I got fed up and stopped asking her to go places with me... she made me feel lame.

Now....

She broke up with her boyfriend with whom she lasted about 9 months, because she didn't clear out things she had to clear out... I used to tell her, take your time, don't rush your decissions.. because I wanted her to be feeling good and stuff.. she didn't listen.

she took things in a negative way and... the guy got fed up with her

After some months passed, she is been acting moody, in a bad mood, defensive, melancholic, bored, sad... she does go to college and go to the gym and stuff.. she is been doing better though, but she is so rude with me.

She says she doesn't like my boyfriend and there is no reason why she wouldnt like him. He treats me great, respects me, loves me, shows his huge heart to me day by day...

She knows her opinion and her support for me, with my boyfriend is quite important , and I feel that... just because she knows how much this means to me, she says she doesn't like him just to hurt me.. because really there is no reason for her to say she doesn't like him... but pure selfishness or because I have thought she doesn't want to see me happy.. which really frustrates, annoys and saddens me.

My boyfriend has even given her good advice when she needs the advice, or listened at her with me... when she has needed the attention..

my boyfriend is decent, treats me really good, expresses his love and respect daily towards me, he is my best friend..

I don't feel my sister give me my place, doesn't think of me, but she is always thinking about her... I cannot even narrate my stories to her about my life, what I do with my boyfriend, or what I do in the day because... she doesn't show interest..

She is always speaking about the same thing, or her ex boyfriend , or the boys which she is going to go out, once or two things about her friends, she complains about lots of the girls in her grade, complains of the way she feels or something, she just likes to complain.. and be listened by me... but when it comes to the moment where I want to be listened to, or given some attention, she doesn't give it... and I don't know how he does it but... she acts in this " I know it all, I am the best , you suck" way.... in which she makes herself as if "I am important, you are not"... so, it's being tough handling her or getting along with her because... she repeats her stories, wants to be the center of attention all the time.. I don't know if it is age.. or what.. but she doesn't think of me, the way I think of her...

I know, I want the best for her... to be healthy, to be good, to be in peace, happy... so I listen, when she needs advice, I give it, when she wants to go somewhere I go with her, but she is not reciprocating... it is as if she is always " me me me", but when it comes to meeee... well, she doesn't listen, and stereotypes me in a wrong way... which I know it is inmaturity and sometimes I wish... she would grow old a little..... because I don't feel in the same page anymore.

Now my interests have changed.. I want to get married, have children, get my masters degree, I already finished my bachelors... so, it is not like I am leaving home and I am leaving her...... she knows she can count on me... but, she is acting strange....

Today I was watching tv with her... she said my temper is to strong and sometimes I take it out when I don't have to take it out... and truly, I usually don't take my temper out, I just do when I need to take it out.. but she stereotypes me, she doesn't even go out as usual with me anymore... and I don't like her stereotyping me like that... so she told me how this guy she likes told her not to stereotype him. I told her, she shouldn't stereotype people.... because she does that. She exploded, and started "hating", which I notice makes her feel good about herself, and truth is, her reaction just hurts me but when she knows she hurts me, it seems to sattisfy her... which makes me feel, bad.

Now I am doubting my little sister is my best friend...

We both went through my dying mom of cancer a year and four months ago, I know she broke up with this guy which hurt her lots, but nothing was my fault.. so she can't blame it or take it on me, when she blew it with her ex boyfriend... nor my boyfriend nor me have anything to do with that.

Edited by Sw3etdev1L
  • 3 weeks later...