SENIOR YEAR of (high school)

Heidi2

[color=darkred][/color]

Hey everyone!!

Ok, here goes my protcall for this afternoon.. It has to do with my sister.. 1stly I have to say that we have been getting along so well these past few months, that more than one word can be stated, here..

Anways.. she has just started her senior year in high school.. And for most of you whom is an avid reader/responder of these threads have: 'been their' 'done that.' Well, the thing is that she's extremely SMART.. I mean, to date she is #1 in her class, involved in everything/ president in most activities, etc. However, as this new school year has begun.. she seems, in my opinion to be BOGGLED down, already.. All of her classes are AP oriented classes.. Her cross country season has recently begun, etc.

Well, my concern is that she is in fact too boggled down with extracirricular activities, that during the long nights of like 9,10, 11, 12 am, she's doing homework or studying for an exam. I guess, as a sister whom has: 'been their' 'done that',

(in most cases), anyways.. doesn't want her grades to slipper.. and her chances to become thin for colleges,etc...

Senior year is supposed to be Fun & memorable. But, for my sister, at least in my eyes.. she seems to be trying to hold this status figure she's been labeled upon by most, that she really has no time to 'breath' I guess some might say..

Pondered upon how to tell my sister, to SLOW DOWN!!!!

Any takers?? :o

the only bit of advice my high school counselor gave me was right before graduation, and I think it could apply to your sister:

Study hard and be a good student, but dont' forget to stop and smell the roses along the way. If you're at a spot where you feel you can afford to take time off from the work at hand, indulge yourself. That was probably the best thing anyone has told me, because it gets so easy getting caught up with things you're supposed to do that you forget that you're supposed to enjoy your life, too.

This isn't to say that she should disrupt her good study habits. Rather, she should build in little pockets of time to treat herself or reward herself by doing things just for pleasure, like spending half a day in the nearest metropolis poking around malls or record stores, or catching matinee after matinee or even hitting the beach. Just whatever she finds refreshing. Life is short, and you dont' have to deny yourself the chance to recharge and regroup just because you feel you've got to stay busy being productive. Unproductivity is a reward in itself when you've got a super-busy schedule.

Maybe you can help by planning some fun things to do together, stuff she might not normally do (bugging the cosmetic girl and getting free makeup jobs, splurging on pedicures, hanging out at the bookstore that lets you drink coffee AND play board games, going to poetry readings or free concerts). My best memory of my one sister was when she first married and was living in an apartment with her husband. My dad worked in the same city they lived in, so I'd catch a ride with him for a weekend visit, and Diana and I would catch the midnight matinees at one of the theatres. Afterward, we'd go grocery shopping, which was always fun because there were some interesting characters to check out! Nothing incredible, but VERY different from growing up in a small town where the streets rolled up at 5 p.m. Maybe you could treat your sister to something a little different than her norm.

• Author

Thanks Quankanne!!

What you posted makes lots of sense. I will definately share this post with my sister in the upcoming!!! :bunny:

• 1 month later...

maybe she feels she has to do all those extra activies you should talk to her see if maybe she is involved in activies that really dont mean a lot to her maybe she can drop one or two and do somefun things remind her that this is her senior year and she should be having fun