aftershock of reunion: i'm not used to everyone in my life giving me affection

sunnie23

hi there,

around the same time i met my boyfriend i also met my biological father for the first time. things are going great with both, it's been about eight months and every day i feel closer to my birth father. the problem i'm having is that the closer i get to him, the more fearful i become of my bf leaving me. i've started therapy and it's helping immensly, but i'd love to hear from any objective voices on this matter.

it seems to me that i got so used to knowing that someone out there didn't want me, that now i know that wasn't the case i'm not used to everyone in my life giving me the proper amounts of love and attention. it feels strange and i'm constantly worried that my bf is going to be the one who takes off on me.

can anyone relate/offer advice on this?

-s

Since you have started therapy, it would be inappropriate for us to intervene with that process. I'm glad you told us in advance. It would not be proper for us to give you opinions or advice which might be counter to your therapist. I wish you great luck in your therapy experience.

Judging from your post, it seems you've got a pretty good idea of where you head has been and where it's at now.