Sister constantly puts kids off on others!

Kendrick

First of all let me say that I love my sister, but right now the way she does things is a little annoying. She has two kids, ages 10 and 7. She works full time, and is recently divorced. I'm sure raising two pretty much by yourself is hard. However her ex husband has them two days a week and every other weekend. When he doesn't have them on his weekends and its her weekends, she never really spends time with them. They are usually at their grandparents house. Yes, its great they are with them, but its just about every weekend when its her weekend to have them. She doesn't spend alot of time with them when they are home, its usually they are sent to their rooms to watch tv or play a game. While she sits on the computer or on her phone.

Sometimes even during the week, she will find a way to get someone a, aunt (like myself) or someone else to take them while she goes and does whatever, out to the movies, to dinner etc. On the weekends that she is supposed to have them but sends them to their grandparents, its usually so she can go party. Go to the club or movies, out to dinner, etc.

Whenever she is with them, most of her time is spend yelling at them, for whatever reason. They are not bad kids, they are really good kids.They are seeking attention in anyway they can, and sometimes its negative attention but its because its what is lacked at home from their mom. We have had grandparents (who love their grand kids, so don't get me wrong about them keeping them ) ask her why she doesn't like to spend time with her own kids, she has no answer. It doesn't stop her even though she was asked that question, she finds a way for someone to keep them so she can go do whatever. No shes not into drugs or alcohol that I know of, I think she just doesn't care to be around her kids alot, I don't get that, why have kids then? I've never seen someone have so much free time to themselves that have kids, and its not because it has to be that way, its a choice.

Thoughts?

I'm sorry thart is happening! Hard to say why she doesn't want to spend time with them, it sure seems that way. I don't have any kids, but I have nieces and nephews and I couldn't imgaine not spending some time with them. If I had kids, I sure wouldn't pawn them off on others. Some people can't have kids and would do anything to have a child and be able to spend time with them. I wish I had a better answer for you!

GorillaTheater

I don't know whether your sister fought her ex for custody but if so, I have to admit that the thought of this pisses me off.

Hell, it pisses me off anyways.

• Author

Thanks for the replies.

Pandora- You're right, some people can not have kids, and sometimes the ones that have them act like they don't want them. I'm not sure where my sister gets that from, we weren't raised that way. Our parents took up time with us, did things with us and didn't put us off on others so they could do things all the time without their kids. I understand parebts need a break, but she does this the majority of them time that she is supposed to have them.

Gorilla-They didn't fight for custody, they have joint custody. Her ex gets them twice a week, and every other weekend. BUT when its her weekends to have them, and sometimes during the week, she will make sure they are with other people while she goes and does whatever.