I think my cousin might be after one of my wildly inappropriate friends.

jenny

i have a cousin staying with me for a couple of weeks, she's sweet, and very cute, and of age. (19) i think she might be after one my friends, which normally would be fine with me, but this particular one might be wildly inappropriate for any girl without a lot of life-knowledge on her side. i don't know. i think i want to be told to stay out of it, no matter how much i want to warn her. any advice?

I don't see why you can't share your reservations about this guy with your cousin. If she were a friend of yours and you knew things about a guy she was interested in, you'd fill her in, wouldn't you? Once you give her the low-down, you can step back and let her make her own decision. Maybe she'll choose to ignore what you said, and take the risk anyway. But at least she will do so having been informed.

You don't need to tell her that you think he's inappropriate for someone as inexperienced as she is. He's inappropriate because of his behavior and proclivities, right? The problems you see reside in him, not in her age or inexperience. If he were a steady, decent guy there wouldn't be a problem, right?