LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Familial > Family

I need tips on how to make living with my mother easier

Family Parents too demanding? Sibling driving you mad? Tell us!

Old 14th July 2010, 9:19 PM   #1

Question I need tips on how to make living with my mother easier

Okay, so I am recently getting out of a 2 1/2 year relationship, and during that time I've been bouncing from home to home. I guess you can say there is a lot of emotion instability in my life at the moment. I have horrible anxiety that stems from my troubled youth BUT I AM TRYING REALLY HARD TO GET OVER THIS "VICTIM" MENTALITY THAT HAS PREVENTED ME FROM MAKING FRIENDS, GOING TO SCHOOL, AND DOING WELL IN WORK. My mother and I have had our ups and downs but she's offering to let me stay, so I've got to make it work this time.

The last time I lived there we were having problems because I had told her about how I got molested when I was younger. There is also a lot of friction between us because she is Christian and I am no atheist but I do not agree with religion. She is also currently separated from my stepdad and there's usually something going on with my younger brother. She's got a lot of stress to deal with and she likes to go off on people when she's angry sometimes.

My question is, how can I make living with my mother easier this time? Should I just always keep my mouth shut in fear that she will get mad and throw me out again? Unfortunately my mother is the kind of woman who always wants things done HER way and there is no convincing her otherwise.
jawz666 is offline   Reply With Quote