Can a mother really hate her child this much?

sunhair

Hiya!

I have been sitting on this for years there has been a lot of conflict with in my family esp with my mother it has been this way for yrs. It just seems like my family hates me a lot they were never supportive of anything I do. They have disowned me completely. When I was growing up my mother wasn't much of a mother I had to find out everything for myself as my mother never was there. My mom acted as if I didn't exist from the start like as if I was just some sort extra baggage that wasn't wanted. I did happen to find a letter from my mother to father when my father was in the Army stating that she wanted to have an abortion it was the most devastating letter I have ever read and it is still in fresh in my mind.

When I was 12 years old my mother abandoned me at my fathers old house didn't knock to see if he still resided at the residence just left a note with all my clothing and the note said I am done raising her now it is your turn. I literally feel like my mom hates me we are not on talking terms at all now and my mother made it so that none of my immediate family talks with me. I called her sister my aunt one day and my aunt said you have no family and hung up on me.:(

When we were on talking terms it didn't last long and ex had physically attacked me and my mother and my stepfathers reaction was I have a funny feeling you deserved that beating like wtf no emotional support what so ever.

My mother and stepfather support my youngest brother who is 29 yrs old he has been to jail for selling drugs,he has a major drug addiction to pills drives under the influence and they act as if that is ok and nothing he does is wrong in their eyes :mad:

It has been really hard on trying to understand what in the world I ever did wrong to be treated like this!!!

I am really :mad: and :(.

Is it really possible for a mother to hate their child this much?

I would like to know how old are u now? I would suggest leave ur family u will b at pain but u will b at peace. You may not b the one who ur family hates u may B the reason of some past thing that u dont know. There must b reason that u r not aware of. YYes it is surely very bad on ur family side that they are treating u like no one.I feel sorry for that.But may b they are not worth ur parents , so if possible leave them atleast u wont get hurt again n again n abused.or if u can b with ur biological father some one who is ready to accept u b with them.

thegreatesthumphrey

I have a question...... is your mothers side of the family big into drugs or going to jail..... into a bad lifestyle?

It is very sad to say that there are truly horrible people in the world, and you seem to be stuck with a bunch of them sharing the same genes.

Yes, parents can treat their children the way yours have treated you. It is certainly possible to treat other human beings cruelly. It isn't fair, and it isn't right, but it happens.

What I would highly recommend you do is get as far away from these people as possible. Go to a new city, make some new friends (and keep hold on the ones you have now that you love and trust), start a new life. Along the way, find a good therapist, someone you can talk to so you can get your anger and sadness out because otherwise it will just eat at you and then they "win" - don't let them win. Go have a wonderful life and don't let their negativity, their lack of love and support keep you back.

I feel so sorry for you. Your mother does sound like a very cold uncaring person, and I agree with the others that a fresh start might be good. But I think you should try to have a heart to heart talk with her before you make any rash decisions. You never know, she may open up to you about what has made her treat her own child this way. You may not learn anything, but at least you would have tried to mend fences (not that you are the one that has done anything wrong, but someone has to make the first move). If she still treats you badly after that, then I agree with the others, just cut her out of your life, and focus on the people that do deserve to have you in their life.

You deserve to be given an honest answer. Yes its possible.

As earlier stated, this type of upbringing wrecks havoc on ones very core of being. Rejection, abandonment and physical abuse is unbearable and needs to be handled thru medical means. Therepy, a solid support system and above all, know that YOU were a symptom of this parents disassociation to accept the true nature of a mother. My heart goes out to you on this. Know that you are valued in this world, gain respect for yourself . You so deserve it!

FreddieJones

Its hard to find but yes there are few parents who really hate their children that much but you should accept it, don't put yourself into permanent pain, try to live like this.

Disillusioned

So what? When I was 6, my mother used to screech at me and threaten me with a carving knife. She never allowed me to have nice toys when I was a boy, and she made me wear dorky-looking clothes. That was back in the 70s, and anyone who accused a parent of child abuse was told to mind their own business.