Guys & parents

Ok, I have this guy friend... whom I'm sure you might have read about someplace in one of these several forum topics.. But I have some new if not primitive news about our relationship...

Just a recap:: we've known each other for 10 years or so, through school, and have remained in contact,etc. We hang-out every so often-- to have fun and such, and converse on here or phone..

The thing that recently has occured & perhaps in a good way, is this.. My parents for whatever reason were like in a down spell with him.. in that they thought he was a bad influence or whatever you want to consider it to be.. because he's 22 while I'm 20. And, well they felt/feel that he's had more experience or whatever about what to/not to do at any given day/time/etc.

So, in essence they've been given him the cold-shoulder, etc. for a few months.. But yet have not stopped me from hanging out,etc. with him..

Good news, or least so I think is that in most recent days.. my mom,esp. has been talking to him again.. ( in once that they talked a lot).. And my dad has sort of kind of let up on whatever he was holding back from..

My question or open-ended briefing here is::: are they (parents) understanding that he really isn't such a bad influence, etc. and were only scared because of too many unknowns.... or do you think they were in any way(s) spectical of our close-knit to date relationship.. And felt the need to judge one on/for all unknown reasons..

Hoping someone could/can make this blurry picture turn color again...

Just A Girl2
My question or open-ended briefing here is::: are they (parents) understanding that he really isn't such a bad influence, etc. and were only scared because of too many unknowns.... or do you think they were in any way(s) spectical of our close-knit to date relationship.. And felt the need to judge one on/for all unknown reasons..

No way anyone here can even guess about your parents' thoughts or feelings. Why don't you just sit down and ask them? Seems like that would be the simplest, best thing to do.

Wow, if only I could read your parents' minds I could give you an accurate answer.

I really think you ought to ask them...in a kind way. It might be a very enlightening exchange and they may be very impressed that you desired to get their reasoning. I think you are quite old enough to ask these kinds of questions...in the proper way.