Im raising her kids and have to fight to do it. Y should i hve 2 fght 2 b a good man?

itsalive

Im a man who loves kids. Its one of my biggest dreams to own my own daycare! Im married to a woman who has 4 kids tht are not biolgically mine. 2 boys 2 girls all but one teenagers. I believe in being a great parent and raising my own kids which i consider them to be now! Not pattting my back just being honest. Thru the grace of god i put a decent amount of energy into trying to be the best father and role model i can not to mention i hve 2 sons of my own. (my boys dont live wth us but do visit often) the problem is theres just too much going on! Brief example. This morning one of our sons friends came by and so i told my son to either tell him to come or go out and talk to him! She gave it an "umph" and i said "ok, im done with it." our son is growing up and finding himself. Hes a 13 year old. So i try to walk the line between being a negligient parent nd a smothering one! I was 13 once. N e way come to find out she tells me the reason she didnt want him talng to the friend is because she found out tht thy were doing some very dnagerous things 2gether. She found this out days ago last weekend i think and thts her reasoning. My problem: Im tryng to keep our kids in a place where thy feel comfortable b n who thy r with us. Give alot of myself to it. How am i supposed to make the best decisions and be the best father i can when this type of info is going around and i dont know about it til something happens out of the blue. And for the record im so frustrated because these things happen *all* the time! What am i supposed to do its like u give me a brick and tell me to build a mountain! N e way i told her this morning "im done. U raise him. Cuz its just too much for me." men, help me out if uve been here, please. I dont wanna give up on him i know wht it is too need ur dad or just a real father figure. But at the same time im just a willing man, not a miracle maker. No mansions from a single stone here.

have you sat down and had a real heart-to-heart with her and tried to come to an agreement about how you guys (together) are going to handle situations? you have to present a united front. u cant say you are "dont with it." if they are your kids (meaning they arent yours biologically but you are taking them in as yours) then you can't ever be done with it. have you and your wife tried to get on the same page?