When to introduce boyfriend to family???

michelebaby100

michelebaby100

I'm 34, have a teenage son, and have been dating a man whom I feel very confident about for over a month now. I have met all of his friends, and will be meeting his entire family next weekend. Her has not met any of my family or friends yet. I would like to introduce him to my son, but am a little unsure how and where to do this. Do I make a big deal out of it? Do we all go out somewhere together? I need help on this one.

Also, he has been hinting around that he'd like to meet my family. I would love to comply, but my family may not be the most accepting of their precious daughter being in a new relationship with someone. He is ideal in every way, so I can't imagine why they wouldn't like him, but my mom gets super weird about anything involving my personal life. Any suggestions on either situation?

When you feel absolutely and completely it's the right thing to do.

And not before.

You've only known each other a month, and people are people, and people are different.

Take it tentatively.

Does your family not even know you are seeing somebody?

Tell someone and say that it's early days yet, so you're just seeing how things go, and take it gently....

But I hear you about your Mum being 'super weird'... she thinks you're still a teeny-bopper and feels unable to let go and let you make your own way? I know about this....

It's actually very simple.

Be nice, be kind, be gentle - but be firm and don't budge.

It's your life, you're a mum yourself, so you're plenty old enough to make your own decisions, which is precisely why you're taking things gently and.... "thanks so much for your concern, I know you love me, I love you too... but let's just wait and see, shall we?"