abuse by family members adults

hi,

im a 25 yr old female living with parents and trying to recuperate from a seriouse injury so i chose to live here and also i have financial trouble.

its convenient and the only place to go. i have no friends

i have no other place

my 19 yr old sister is home from college and she beats me, she harrases and threatens me and hits me daily 30 times a day and everytime i see her she screams,curses and puts me down,it is impossible to have a conversation with her now.. she is severely violent and held a knife to me last week. she throws chairs at me and breaks furniture

i fear everytime she walks past me or i walk past her she takes her hands and hits me and shoves me. she cannot go near me without trying to hurt me

she is violent every 2 minutes

what can i do? i fear for my mental health and safety.i am nervous alot now and have had feelings of self injury because she does this

i have no coping skills to deal with the anxiety that comes with a person beating me every 5 minutes and bullying me. i am so scared

something is not normal about her shes angry 24/7.

and she targets me

shes getting so bad

i dont know what to say anymore i confronted her and got no answers from her why she does this. i told her being violent to me is against the law and i threatened ill call cops... she didnt care

i just cant call cops because they never listened to me when i did call about violent people, also my father will answer the door and the family will say its not true. and either way id lose in court, they would bail her out and the family would go against me.

i dont think that will make her a nicer person

she used to be the nicest person and she changed overnight. now i cant walk past her without her hitting me

i am so scared of her, what should i do. i know most people my age dont live at home but i am recuperating from an injury and health problems and chose to live here now, its the best solution for me.... she is home for the summer

should i lock myself into my room? dont go near her? how do i get rid of self injurous tendencies that arose after she came home and started beating me non stop the last couple of weeks

she wont let the abuse end. i told her to stop and the best i got was i asked her to take a 10 minute break from hitting me and she listened

but 10 minutes later she was back to being violent

what are solutions that dont involve me entering a battered womens shelter? since thats my only other option besides living at home

i am sick and dont walk very well so im in bad shape to be out and independant. i feel comfortable at home when shes not hitting me or not home...but she decides she wants to be violent 24/7 now so i have to deal with it

its an unusual rage..i looked it up on the internet and alot of her symptoms match demon posession. i dont know what it is

shes seen mental health professionals, they said she has no mental illness, she used to see a psychologist and another before that for a shyness issue

they said she has no mental problem just shyness, social anxiety

i feel stuck and in trouble. my sister used to be kind and now shes violent all the time

i have no release, what are some coping skills. i cant just run out of home. i cant walk well and have mobility trouble, getting into a taxi to escape abuse would be trouble..

please dont bash me for living here, i want to even tho im 25. im very sick and have mobility trouble and i find it convenient to live here and its fine and was fine before anyone became violent

how do i tell her to grow up, its immature at 19 to hit and beat your older and injured and not well sister

i would never do this to someone....whats the deal? i know its illegal but my family will hire lawyers and stand up for her and its me alone and disabled against 10 or more people,i have a big family and they will hire a lawyer and they dont like me and will stand against me. i dont have money so most likely id have no lawyer or ill have a free court lawyer or some 26 yr old idiot unexperienced lawyer who just got out of law school

i am crying from this and i cannot stand up for myself because she weighs more and is bigger then me, and im having mobility problems so i cant just hit her back

i dont think revenge would be good either. i had an idea, catch her on tape hitting me and put it on youtube to humiliate her and show who she is to everyone , because she acts quiet at school and socially

that would just escalate things and is immature, so i caqnt do that

i need a solution, a creative one, anything that will have some peace in the home and within my family. i want my old sister back, how she used to be when she used to not hit me and she actually was nice.but shes been like this and acting angry and violent for a year

hoping2heal

If what you're saying is the truth, and you don't feel the police will take you seriously, get in contact with the human services department in your area. Someone WILL listen to you. You can also contact an abuse hotline, tell them your not safe, and they will make sure something is done about it.

OMG!!

She seems pretty crazy.

The idea about the camera seems good if you have no other way to show other people what's going on. I mean why not?

I'm wandering what is triggering so much anger.

What do you talk about?

Is she taking drugs? I know that people taking some kind of drugs can become aggressive apparently for no reason.

Why do you think that you are no one in the family?

I just hope you are getting better soon.

Here is my thoughts on the situation:

Your sister is anti social

She is not active outside of the home

Probably suffering from some major self esteem issues

You are injured

And scared

She gets off on the power trip she gets from beating you.

She more than likely has intimidated your parents as well since they seem to want to cover for her.

You and your family are like her own private ass-kicking studio. And she will not stop.

There really is only one choice.

GET OUT.

If there truely are no relatives or friends or neighbors then go to a shelter. Let human services get involved. If you are to weak to stand up for yourself allow them to give you some backbone.

i dont really think that there is anything anyone can say that will make her stop, other than to get out and change your situation.

Sirty,

I'm sorry that you're going through this. Of course you do not deserve to be treated like this by anybody.

I would suspect that something very significant has happened to her in the past year that has made her transform from a nice person into one filled with so much rage. It could be medical or a traumatic event.

May I suggest that you contact your community mental health services and make an appointment FOR YOURSELF. First, you need to take care of you. Your counselor will help you improve your self-esteem, and teach you some tools and skills to be able to protect yourself from all attacks on your body and psyche.

Your counselor will also be able to help you learn if there is some way that you can communicate more effectively with your sister -- there may not be, but it won't hurt for you to get some professional input and feedback on the current dynamics between the two of you.

Perhaps you will also be able to gain some insight into your sister's behaviour -- that's not a necessity for you but it may help to be able to feel some compassion for whatever she's going through which, of course, isn't your responsibility to resolve for her.

You deserve better than this from Life. I would strongly encourage you to take some self-loving and self-protective action. As hoping2heal said, there IS a community service who will hear you and be able to direct you. Consider hospitals, crisis hotlines, women's support shelters/groups, church/spiritual communities, etc.

Sending Comfort, Guidance and Courage.

You have already posted about this living situation. Have you acted upon any of the advice given in that other thread?