Discouraged :(

TwinkletOes26

TwinkletOes26

Two steps foward two steps back. I finally got an interview but i also have a very important drs appt(like female stuff if ya catch my drift)....well my mother wont let me borrow her car without her in it ~whatever its her car~. I asked her could we do both she says no then starts to tell me i shouldnt even try because they only hire sales reps and they pay on comission and thats not stable work. I told her they have a hr dept or i could do secretarial work. Im not trying to be picky i mean i just want something so i can pay for my masters courses.

Its like no matter what i do my mother is right there implying that im doing it wrong. She seems to think her way is the only and best way. I usually ignore her but it gets to be kinda discouraging.

To top it off the dr said she has mild depression so now she blames her constant bad mood on that even though shes always been..how can i out this nicely...um not so pleasant for as long as i can remember. Before she could blame depression she blamed it on her hormones she cant accept that shes just moody and unpleasant a lot of the times. Everyone in this house avoid asking her anything bc she just snaps for no reason.

Again not woe as meing or being a brat just venting puttin what im feeling down. I want to work but my mother isnt helping and i dont have anyone else who is willing to help. The side of town in the nearest city where all the jobs is about an hour away driving(timed it the last time i went to that side of town). No i dont have a car of my own,no i cant ride a bike bc i dont know how and even if i learned where i live to get to the jobs you need to get on the interstate and last i checked its illegal to ride a bike on the interstate lol. My only friend that lives here uses her moms car and her mom is working on the weekdays. My other friends would take me but they work during the week and places are closed on the weekeneds. So i guess ill have to stick to internet searches(ive filled out a LOT of applications)

Again just a vent.....ok back to job hunting :D thanks for listening.

So...I couldn't follow what is going on. It sounds like you are blowing off the interview for a doctor's appt? Or not going on the interview because your mother won't take you?

• Author
TwinkletOes26

The drs appt isnt even relevant bc that staff was rude so i am going to reschedule with someone else. She refuses to take me to the interview bc she feels being an insurance sales rep isnt a stable job. The thing is the insurance company has a hr dept and office administration positions. She refuses to listen and just down talks it the whole time. The main thing i think is she doesnt want to get up at 11 am (i tried to get the interview later but they didnt have a later time).

She complains about having to pay for stuff BUT makes it difficult when i try to get a job. Everytime i try to do something shes right there putting it down and down talking it and just being unpleasant. Again its a small town so there arent any means of public transportation(yes i checked for taxis and grey hound doesnt stop at the nearest city).

But like i said these are the cards ive been delt and im dealing with it. I was just venting :D thanks for listening