Just Found Out He's A Father...Or Not.

JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

A friend of mine is having a pretty messed up situation. He posted it publicly on another board, so it's not as though I'm betraying any confidences here. And yes, it really is a friend, not me.

Long story short, late last summer, he found out that he had a teenage daughter. They bonded almost instantly and he became one of the proudest papas that I've ever seen. Due to governmental regulations, he needed a DNA test for the records. The test just came back - negative. She is NOT his daughter.

Needless to say, his head is spinning in fifteen different directions right now. Once he's calmed down, he's going to have to make a decision as to what to do. I know how happy he was over the summer, and from the photos, she was equally happy. I hope he decides to be a father to her anyway, but that's his decision to make, not mine. As of yet, I haven't voiced an opinion to him - I want to give him some time to gather his own thoughts before I interject with any of my own.

My question to you is this: have any of you been through an experience like this before? If so, do you have any advice I could pass along to him once he does get over the shock?