Crazy Mom

Shellz937

Before I begin I want it to be known that I love my mother more than life itself and I would litterally give my life to protect hers but if I don't vent i'm going to strangle her.

I'm an only child so therefore the apron strings are going to stretch very far. I've grown up gotten decent grades in school, managed to get a job in my field of study, ect. However all my life my mom has put me down. When ever I try to do something new she is against it and immediatly tells me I will fail.

When she is wound up forget about getting any peace. She will harp on you for days upon end until you want to just scream at her to shut up! She also criticizes everyone and their faults but she can't see hers.

I'm 21 years old and I found a wonderful guy who truly cares about me. He has two jobs, goes to school full time, finds time to spend with me. Everyone but my mother loves him. She calls him a bum but after she's spoken to my friends she has given them different reasons why she hates him. 1) he has red hair 2) he's needy

My dad approves of my boyfriend which is always a big help.

She also complains when I spend my own money. Yes I admit for awhile there I was spending a little irresponsible but now I'm not i'm actually saving and have opened up a savings account in which she advised against but she doesn't know about it so she can't control it. It's stupid when I take out 60 bucks for two weeks to spend she has a fit.

I swear in her eyes the only way to gain stability is to have money.

Any advice on how to go about handling her. She had an active life when she was younger, for me she just wants to bottle me up till I sufficate.

Nothing I'll ever do is good enough so I've learned to get over it and as long as i'm happy that's all that matters. But damn she's getting annoying.

I can't move out because i'm still in school full time, my paychecks go towards said school and my car.