major family problems

I dunno

This is a long story......

Me and my mother moved my brother, his wife and their baby back to our home state in Jan. We paid out a LOT of money for them to get here and I loaned them a large sum of money. I put the down payment on a bigger house and I bought all new furniture. They pay $500 a month and my mother pays about $1000 a month on the house.

They b!tch and moan and groan every time they have to pay for anything. They want me to use my college money to pay on the house for the next couple months (which I will NOT). They say they are tired of being broke yet neither one of them will get a job (my brother gets Social Security of having a mental disorder, which I think stems from his drug problems). All they do all day is sit around and watch TV ( and b!tch when the light bill comes in and its high) and eat or they will sleep on the couch and love seat that I bought and then no one has a place to sit in the living room.

They have broke the love seat (and put rips in it and a burn on the couch), the coffee table, one of the end tables. They have made 2 other of the tables in the living room get water damage because they don't know how to use coasters. My sister in law like to put my nephew's play pin in the middle of the living room, which is kinda small, and then there is no room to walk through or anything. My brother has also said that he WILL NOT pay me back the money I loaned him unless I take him to court, which I plan to do when I move out in Dec.

But the worst thing of all is when my sister in law breast feeds my nephew right after she just did a line of crank or smoked some pot. If they had to take him to the hospital for anything and they did a blood test they would loose their baby, but she doesn't think she is doing anything wrong. Then they will get pissed at the baby when he cant sleep because hes crankin'. Instead of trying to calm him down they will yell "shut the f*ck up" and my brother has hit him (on his butt) really hard, and puts his hand over his mouth and pushes down so hard that he has a hand print on his face.

Me and my mother plan on moving to a different state early next year (Ill have to go before then for school) but I don't know how to handle all the stress between now and then. Ive been falling back on my homework because I sleep all the time now to try and escape from all the problems.

that baby doesn't need to be in an environment like the one you've described and you seriously need to consider calling Child Protective Services (or the cops) to report this abuse.

sorry, but your brother and his wife sound like losers, people who will milk everyone around them while squealing and squalling about how unfair life is treating them. Get out out as quickly as you possibly can, and cut your losses. It's one thing to love your family, but another to let yourself be used by people, even if they are related to you. You deserve better. And so does that baby.

Nobody put a gun to your head or your mother's head to loan your brother money. You are using your hard earned money to perpetuate and criminal and dysfunctional situation and that's not good.

You are not obligated to bail relatives out of their problems. You weaken people when you do that. And your brother and his wife are worthless and don't appreciate what you have done for them.

Your brother has no money and won't even pay you back if you take him to court. A judgement against a total bum isn't worth the paper it's recorded on.

You need to get away from these people, your mother needs to cut her losses to. It is INSANE to pay $1,000 per month on a house for cokeheads to inhabit and watch TV while they screw up their baby.

Forget about getting your money back. It's down the toilet. Your mother needs to stop these payments as well. These people can get sufficient help from the government to get a small apartment, which is all the need to survive.

Giving worthless people like this a nice home free of charge, all bills paid, is the major problem of the people giving the money. The benefactors are highly competent and successful and incredibly genius and manipulating their environment to their best advantage and my hat's off to them for having that ability.

Don't ever, ever, ever, ever loan money again unless the person has excellent credit and offers you triple value in collateral.

I'm sorry this has happened to you. Don't for a minute feel sorry for these people. Forget they exist and get on with your life.

• 8 months later...

Excuse me ...... but if "I" knew their address ... I would be on the phone Monday morning ..... reporting them of child abuse!!!!

THIS I can't stand!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!! Don't EVEN get me started on how STUPID folks are to treat children this way .... which in the first place, have no RIGHT having children!

If I were YOU ...... I'd report them first thing you leave that house, actually maybe sooner ..... if you have a place to go, cause who knows if this child will LIVE that long! Geesh!!

And if I could .... I'd take that poor child WITH me when I left!

Man oh man ....... this is one of those areas that just make me boil !!!

Dee