So angry w/ my little brother right now! What happened to "That's what families for"?

mopar crazy

H had to go pick up our teenages son's car from my brother's repair shop. My H said his pickup has been having a hard time starting. My brother checked it out and it's the battery. $113 for a battery? The damn thing better last a long time! That wasn't the part that pissed me off. It was the fact that my little brothercharged us $26 to take the damn battery out of the truck! $26 to take it out? I would expect this from any other mechanic, but my brother? What happened to "That is what family is for?" It's not an huge amount, it's the fact that he charged us.

H said that the bill stated $26 to remove the battery. If this includes a disposal fee I'm not sure.

H could have done it himself and said he would have if he would have known he was going to charge us to take the battery out.

Sure, he is nice to let me make payments on any repairs but he lets most ppl make payments so it's nothing special that I do.

If my BIL lived closer he would have done it for free. He has done more for me than my own brother has.

I love my little brother w/ all my heart but this just really ticks me off!

That is pretty crappy.

My little brother is a plumber and he installed a new bathtub, toilet and sink for free in my old house- even got his boss to get all the fixtures at cost for us.

I just assume family is there to help like that.

I could see charging for the battery (and they are expensive)... but the labour? Not something I would have done to my sibling...

Assuming he isn't feeling pressured to make the bill look 'kosher' (ie if there are several people who work there??) then this is a bit arsey. Tell him you are pi**ed, otherwise these things just escalate and pretty soon you'll be charging him waitress service on the christmas dinner.

I have a younger bro who's a bit anal like that....

He returned from a trip to the USA and brought back a jar of peanut butter and jello combined....I asked to try some on some roast, because i love the combination.... but he obviously got a bit possessive, and to stop me eating any more, he hid it in a top cupboard out of the way.

(I was staying with him for around a month until we got our own place).

When I left, I found the jar, brought it down to his store cupboard, and put a notice on it:

"Now I'm gone you can have this all to yourself, and pig out to your heart's content."

He never mentioned it, but I know it struck home.

I find it's a lot less expensive to make my own.....:rolleyes:

Batteries can cost quite a bit, reliant on what kind you get. My last one was close to $190, battery alone, but took me less than 10 minutes to swap. Why not go to an automotive shop and price out the exact battery? This way you can challenge the labour and the markup on the battery.

You'll find that many shops will test the gravity of your battery cells for free, in hopes that you'll buy a battery from them, if it's a do it yourself situation.

LMAO!!

Tried to change my post not 5 seconds later, but I already got the "You cannot change this post" message! Jeesh, that sucks!!

I don't mean "Roast" - I mean "Toast" - !!

• Author
Assuming he isn't feeling pressured to make the bill look 'kosher' (ie if there are several people who work there??) then this is a bit arsey. Tell him you are pi**ed, otherwise these things just escalate and pretty soon you'll be charging him waitress service on the christmas dinner.

It's his own business. While I realize this his his livelihood and it's only $26 it just angers me. It took 10-15 minutes of his time.

I can't count how many times I watched his children and never charged him a dime for my time or the food they ate. I didn't charge them b/c they are family. There was times when I watched them when I was a separated mom living on no income (when I relocated) that I watched them and they still did not pay me and I never asked for a dime, nor would I expect any b/c that is what family is for.

My brother is no way hurting for money. If he is, it's his own damn fault for thinking that they have to everything under the sun. Love my sil a lot but she loves to spend money.

IfWishesWereHorses
LMAO!!

Tried to change my post not 5 seconds later, but I already got the "You cannot change this post" message! Jeesh, that sucks!!

I don't mean "Roast" - I mean "Toast" - !!

:lmao::lmao::lmao: I was wondering about that!