what is the point in parents?

nana yaw II

i don't care if that sounds dumb, but yes what is the point exactly?

my parents are ****ing retards and act like mentally subnormal douchebags. i ****ing hate them.

does that sound strong? maybe, i don't know. i guess i'm just ranting, but this is why i don't like them.

they claim to "love" their son, but don't do anything to care for his emotional needs? they claim to "love" their son, but actively go out of their way to undermine my talents, since they are jealous of me? lol!!! what kind of dumbass ****ing parent gets jealous of their child?!??!

they claim to "love" their son, but don't do anything to care for his emotional needs? they claim to "love" their son, but actively go out of their way to undermine my talents, since they are jealous of me? lol!!! what kind of dumbass ****ing parent gets jealous of their child?!??!

You sound frustrated with your parents, but what do you mean by your parents undermining your talents? how are they jealous?

bentnotbroken
i don't care if that sounds dumb, but yes what is the point exactly?

my parents are ****ing retards and act like mentally subnormal douchebags. i ****ing hate them.

does that sound strong? maybe, i don't know. i guess i'm just ranting, but this is why i don't like them.

Careful what you say. The old wives tale is that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. In this case the mentally subnormal douchebags.

• Author
You sound frustrated with your parents' date=' but what do you mean by your parents undermining your talents? how are they jealous?[/quote']

Yes, I am frustrated.

I don't get the point of parents, in honesty. and i mean undermine my talents by openly saying to me they felt jealous at my studies years ago.

I saw Ronaldo won the FIFA award today (that's soccer, if anybody is guessing lol). How would he feel if his parents said they were jealous? What about Obama? If his parents were alive today, how would he feel if they said they were jealous of him?

I know it's a poor parallel, but I don't want to associate with people who don't give a **** about me. They can go **** off and rot away for all I care.....

Please correct me if I'm wrong but aren't you like 16? Maybe I'm getting you mixed up with another poster though so please let me know. I ask for a reason.

• Author
Please correct me if I'm wrong but aren't you like 16? Maybe I'm getting you mixed up with another poster though so please let me know. I ask for a reason.

i'm not 16. i'm in my early twenties.

How did they say "jealous" ? Jealous could mean that they just wished that they had that. They might not have bad feelings toward you, based on the undeniable fact that you have something they don't, and just used that word as an expression. The idea that they just wish that would have been available for them when they were younger. It might not have anything to do with you personally.

to give you a role model whose positive actions/behaviors are something you can emulate, and to show you how NOT to be with their negative behaviors.

and i mean undermine my talents by openly saying to me they felt jealous at my studies years ago.

so does this mean you're saying you're still pissed off about something they said years ago? Or that they continually tell you they are jealous of the opportunities that you have ahead of you and are doing specific things to throw a spanner in the works, as far as you are concerned?

as upset as you are with your folks, at some point you're going to have to forgive the past. Ideally, so that you can have a better relationship with them, but the reality is you do it so that you can live in a mentally good place.

just some food for thought ...

• Author
How did they say "jealous" ? Jealous could mean that they just wished that they had that. They might not have bad feelings toward you, based on the undeniable fact that you have something they don't, and just used that word as an expression. The idea that they just wish that would have been available for them when they were younger. It might not have anything to do with you personally.

lol... i doubt that.

i'm not 16. i'm in my early twenties.

Early 20's? Well come back on here when you've hit at least 25 and I can almost guarantee you'll have the answer to your question. Trust me, you'll see what I mean.;)

What "emotional needs" arent' they taking care of? Aren't you an adult now? Guess what? Your "emotional needs" are now YOURS to worry and care for.

But I think you still have a few more years to realize that.

• Author

to give you a role model whose positive actions/behaviors are something you can emulate, and to show you how NOT to be with their negative behaviors.

and i mean undermine my talents by openly saying to me they felt jealous at my studies years ago.

so does this mean you're saying you're still pissed off about something they said years ago? Or that they continually tell you they are jealous of the opportunities that you have ahead of you and are doing specific things to throw a spanner in the works, as far as you are concerned?

as upset as you are with your folks, at some point you're going to have to forgive the past. Ideally, so that you can have a better relationship with them, but the reality is you do it so that you can live in a mentally good place.

just some food for thought ...

I'm pissed off that they say they love me, when they actively sought to undermine me. some love, huh?

• Author
Early 20's? Well come back on here when you've hit at least 25 and I can almost guarantee you'll have the answer to your question. Trust me, you'll see what I mean.;)

i don't understand.

What "emotional needs" arent' they taking care of? Aren't you an adult now? Guess what? Your "emotional needs" are now YOURS to worry and care for.

But I think you still have a few more years to realize that.

i know i have to be responsible for myself now. why is that an issue?

lol... i doubt that.

I highly doubt your parents are withhold love because they are jealous. If this really affects you, then you are somehow still dependent on their approval of yourself.

• Author
I highly doubt your parents are withhold love because they are jealous. If this really affects you, then you are somehow still dependent on their approval of yourself.

it's not about withholding love.

i think they're bastards since they complained i was a terror in my teens, and never asked what the problem was. i was still their responsibility back then, and isn't a change in behavior of somebody close a cause for concern? if a woman's husband acts out of character all of a sudden and this lasts for some time, wouldn't she try to find out what the problem is?

they're also bastards since they deliberately engineered other people to harass me years ago, as a result of my studies. i know it is a long time ago and i should forget it, but the thought that people close to me could do that makes me irate. Incidentally, I was a terror in my teen years since i hated school. i used to do a lot of spelling bees and essay writing and stuff and they simply got envious of this. my dad said a couple of years ago that some other kids felt inadequate that i wrote lots of essays for my school, so he let them harass me. I mean, WTF?!?!! Why do the pussy needs of some other children you don't even ****ing know, have no loyalty to, or even need to care about supersede the needs of your own son?

Now I have a glimpse into their characters...well, I guess people are people and we have to acknowledge others as they are. This doesn't mean I have to acknowledge them as decent and wholesome people.

i don't understand.

No offense, but of course you don't. That's why I said come back when you're around 25. Then you will. ;)

I don't know why. Why do you think it's an issue? When are you going to grow up and be a man and stop whining about what your parents did or didn't do for you?

Stop whining and act like an adult. You gotta grow up some time you know?

It's the mark of a very immature person when we see someone blaming things on their parents. Let's see if you can do better when YOU are a parent. Until then, you should love them and not judge them so harshly.

Think about it , ok?

• Author

why the **** should i love them? they're evil and scummy people, i make it a habit not to admire people like that. I don't have to like or respect anybody, including family members.

Am I being whiney and like a child? Perhaps I am. But I know where I stand and I hate them. If i ever have children, i wouldn't be this way with them at all.

i think they're bastards since they complained i was a terror in my teens, and never asked what the problem was. i was still their responsibility back then, and isn't a change in behavior of somebody close a cause for concern? if a woman's husband acts out of character all of a sudden and this lasts for some time, wouldn't she try to find out what the problem is?

they're also bastards since they deliberately engineered other people to harass me years ago, as a result of my studies. i know it is a long time ago and i should forget it, but the thought that people close to me could do that makes me irate. Incidentally, I was a terror in my teen years since i hated school. i used to do a lot of spelling bees and essay writing and stuff and they simply got envious of this. my dad said a couple of years ago that some other kids felt inadequate that i wrote lots of essays for my school, so he let them harass me. I mean, WTF?!?!! Why do the pussy needs of some other children you don't even ****ing know, have no loyalty to, or even need to care about supersede the needs of your own son?

Now I have a glimpse into their characters...well, I guess people are people and we have to acknowledge others as they are. This doesn't mean I have to acknowledge them as decent and wholesome people.

I was under the impression that you cared about what kind of love, attention, encouragement (as opposed from being jealous) you get from them. No, you don't have to acknowledge them as decent and wholesome people, that is a choice you have, and at the same time, you don't have to care about what kind of person they think you are.

• Author

i accept that people can think what they like about me. i wouldn't care about their opinion anyhow.

my dad lives alone now and he probably feels lonely. good, the ****er deserves it. i wouldn't be visiting him soon anyhow.......

i don't understand.

It's probably not going to get any better when you keep stewing over it. Don't panic. Do they expect something of you that you can't deliver? If not then, what it is that you need from them to let go of all this anger. If you're an adult , it shouldn't make a difference how people are going to be to you. People are imperfect, and you have to recognize that and know you are good enough yourself.

• Author

He who gets angry always loses. I know this.

But this doesn't, and perhaps shouldn't, stop me from acknowledging people who are *******s when I see them.

i think they're bastards since they complained i was a terror in my teens, and never asked what the problem was.

You got a big mouth man. Ever think you could have used it to tell THEM what your problem was?

Why do you expect your parents to do all the running? In ANY relationship, it's 50/50....

i was still their responsibility back then, and isn't a change in behavior of somebody close a cause for concern? if a woman's husband acts out of character all of a sudden and this lasts for some time, wouldn't she try to find out what the problem is?
Because as is typical with a lot of men, it's impossible to penetrate the exterior armour of the hard-man. You complain now, but I bet you anything that had they tried to communicate with you then, you'd have clammed up and given them the finger. Typical stroppy, resentful bad-mouthing, grumpy, bad tempered.....

So what else is new?

Well, at least you are here, to make us cheerful, bring us glad tidings and brighten our day!

Take it from me: parenthood isn't all it's cracked up to be. If your parents hadn't had kids, chances are neither would you.

Thanks.

Now I have something against your parents too.....:D

• Author
You got a big mouth man. Ever think you could have used it to tell THEM what your problem was?

Why do you expect your parents to do all the running? In ANY relationship, it's 50/50....

lol..

Of course, relationships are 50/50. so?

Because as is typical with a lot of men, it's impossible to penetrate the exterior armour of the hard-man. You complain now, but I bet you anything that had they tried to communicate with you then, you'd have clammed up and given them the finger. Typical stroppy, resentful bad-mouthing, grumpy, bad tempered.....

So what else is new?

What has gender got to do with this? lol..

Well, at least you are here, to make us cheerful, bring us glad tidings and brighten our day!

lol.. do i owe you good tidings? Why expect this from a stranger on the internet?

Take it from me: parenthood isn't all it's cracked up to be. If your parents hadn't had kids, chances are neither would you.

Thanks.

Now I have something against your parents too.....:D

ok then. but it's no issue to me what people's opinions on this forum are.

lol..

Of course, relationships are 50/50. so?

So maybe you should have made more effort, met them half way and talked to them. They're not psychic. if something bugged you, you should have said so then, not left it til now when it's such a huge issue that you need to vent with vitriol, hatred resentment and anger.

What has gender got to do with this? lol..

Boys are notoriously bad at communicating with anyone in their formative teens. Girls are somewaht more able to share and open up, even if it's with friends. i doubt you ever thought of sitting your parents down and trying to talk to them. So why should they have tried with you?

lol.. do i owe you good tidings? Why expect this from a stranger on the internet?

No dearie, but you are so predictable. We can bet a pound to a pinch of vitriol that when you post it's going to be a complaint about a group of people you believe to be subnormal, stupid, brainless and idiotic.

How are you doing with the Character change by the way?

Progress is slow, huh?

....it's no issue to me what people's opinions on this forum are.

Of course it's an issue!

Otherwise why post if not to get feedback and support?

You should look up narcissism.

I have a feeling you may be a prime candidate for that disgnosis.