MIL is poison

H8tmil

Hello,

This is my first post here, just had to get things off my mind cos my brain is wrecked.

I have a major problem with my fmil.

Basically to make a long story short she went to attack me the night me and my wonderful h2b got engaged. She had had a few drinks and was making smart comments and abusing people like she usually does after a few drinks and i stood up to her on this particular night because she started commenting about my mother (who wasnt there at the tim) and because she had absolutely no right to sit in our house and ruin our night. She also spilled a bottle of vodka over our table and nearly destroyed it while she was lunging for me. Thankfully 2 of my h2b's cousins (male) were there to hold her back from me. She ended up falling asleep on my couch and getting sick on my living room floor for an end.

Anyway that was about 6 weeks ago and she still has not apologised or tried to make any contact with me what so ever. We had another family event recently and she just throws me dirty looks and dosent open her mouth to me.

Everyone agrees that i did absolutely nothing wrong that night (her own family included) but why am i the one in turmoil about this.

Christmas is coming up and i wont be able to visit H2b's family house christmas day thus missing out on seeing his nieces and nephews that day all because of that poison witch.

Any ideas what i can do about this?

To be honest, i dont think ill ever get over this or forgive her. I just needed to get it off my chest cos none of my friends or family know about it so i have no one to talk to about it.

She is toxic. My mil was like that too. It sucks.

What does your husband to be have to say about all of this?

She is awful. You are not. Believe me, the best thing that you can do is hold yourself above it. Let her ignore you, let her toss you glares - and everyone will see you rising above it like the classy lady you are. She will simply be seen as exactly what she is - trash. As the classy lady YOU are - you will sacrifice your time and patience for the sake of the rest of the family. Your pride will not be sacrificed in the least.

I would go to Christmas, I would buy her a gift. You are engaged to marry into this family, set the tone right now. If she is drinking and you see her becoming hostile - its time to leave. Make your Husband aware of this ahead of time, and do so. She wont like it, you may have to show your intolerance every single visit - but you, your in laws, and your future children will get it 100%.