25-year-old niece

unc

My 25-year-old niece (by marriage) stayed at our house over the xmas holidays. Abou that time my wife and I noticed that we could not find her, um "toy".

We figured she might have taken it but were not sure.

Well, we visited her over the weekend and I snuck a look around in her bedroom. Sure enough, it was under her bed.

I left it there and did not tell my wife I found it. It was nasty, with pubies stuck to it. I don't think my wife would want it back.

I didn't tell my niece I found it either.

What's troubling me is that I have this mental image of her using it and i feel guilty for getting turned on by this.

How do I stop thinking of her using my wife's toy?

Also, should I tell her I found it?

Midnight Magic

I would let the neice know that what she did was wrong by going through all your personal stuff and then stealing the "toy", whats next the wife's jewlery. I think that is in poor taste to go and take someone's personal things. I would let her know that you are fully aware of what she has done and yes I would tell the wife that you know what happened to it, or she might start to wonder if there is someone else in her bedroom or your house. Has there been other things that have gone missing?

Either way I would be honest with your wife.

Yes, there have been other items missing, but never such a personal thing.

My wife's had jewelry missing, family photos have been taken, things like that.

The problem with the missing vibrator is that I didn't really expect to find it under the bed and in such a "used" state.

At this point I feel nothing good can come of me saying I found it.

She'll deny it's there, or that it's a different one exactly like the other one. (right).

And what was I snooping in her room for?

I just feel wierded out by the whole thing.

If i were u, i'd just keep my mouth shut.

men (and women) fantacise about tons of stuff - no need to feel guilty, i dont think.

-yes

Yes, there have been other items missing, but never such a personal thing. My wife's had jewelry missing, family photos have been taken, things like that. The problem with the missing vibrator is that I didn't really expect to find it under the bed and in such a "used" state. At this point I feel nothing good can come of me saying I found it. She'll deny it's there, or that it's a different one exactly like the other one. (right). And what was I snooping in her room for?

I just feel wierded out by the whole thing.

I'm not saying a damned thing about the vibrator under the bed.

And I'll eventually find a way to get the mental image of her masturbating with it out of my mind.

And we'll keep closer tabs on her when she visits to make sure she doesn't steal anything else (sex toys or otherwise).

1. "How do I stop thinking of her using my wife's toy?"

The only way I know of is for a neurosurgeon to cut out those certain neurons in your brain where this data is stored.

2. "Also, should I tell her I found it?"

This whole thing is pretty sick. The niece is obviously troubled in some way. What I would do is approach her alone and let her know you hope she's getting a lot of enjoyment out of the gift, which you and your wife let her keep, which she accidentally took from your house over Christmas.

Just let it go at that. I don't think a vibrator is worth getting into a big family squabble over.

I wouldn't have the niece over to your house again.