Wife signed separation papers

Well my wife signed the separation papers now I can win the lottery and she gets nothing...(its in the agreement)WHOOOOO HOOOOO divorce party at my place in one year.:D

Divorce in Canada takes one year??????? That sucks.

I don't know whether to say sorry or congratulations.......

Hope you are well.

slubberdegullion
Divorce in Canada takes one year??????? That sucks.

Yes, for an uncontested divorce, it takes a year. Divorcing parties can go directly to the courts to have it decided, but getting a court date may take more than a year anyway, so it's usually best (assuming there are no outstanding property or custody issues) to just wait out the year and be done with it.

Besides, a year really isn't that long. It doesn't seem that long ago that we entered 2005..! :eek:

slubberdegullion
WHOOOOO HOOOOO divorce party at my place in one year.:D

Scobro, I'm gonna hold you to that, ya know.

hey i wanna come too!!! Hopefully I'll be there by then!

Mz. Pixie, it's actually not so bad. You can get a lawyer before the year is up and agree to everything and sign everything. Then when the year is up, the lawyer submits the papers and it crosses a judges desk and he stamps the papers. No court, nothing.

Valentines day 2006 is going to be the best valentine day ever!

• Author

No problem, Im in Oakville, bring your drums, I play guitar(G.I.T.) now all we need is a bass and singer anyone???:D

U went to G.I.T Scobro? Which one? Ive always wanted to do that. im in germany but I always fancied spending a year or two at a G.I.T in the States. Ive been playing for ten years. This may be a way to get over the ex! :)

I'll go rhythym geeeeetarrr!

• Author

I use to play profesionally in metal bands in Los Angeles.I moved to Hollywood when I was 20 and went to G.I.T there.Holywood was cool the school is great. I would recommend it but I went 14 years ago back when my hair was to my waist and my bangs to my bellybutton.....Those were the days!!!:D

MWC_LifeBeginsAt40

I didn't think there was such a thing...at least I didn't think it was a requirement. We didn't even go through lawyers other than for remortgaging the house. I just had to move out and voila..we're separated.

We split up the property and made up a kid schedule but didn't need to involve lawyers for that. Lawyers will come into play if and when we decide to divorce.

I was just wondering what the difference is, that's all. Because the "one year" could be effective one year after you/she moved out, not the signing of the papers. I'm only one province away from you.

A separation agreement is a smart move for both parties.

Even in states that are 31 day states like Ga.. It spells out who pays for what.. who gets the marital residense for the term of the separation and that kind of stuff.. Legally..

It also defines when the marital property/debt stops acruing and who pays for what debt/bills during that time until the divorce

Most separations are emotionally charged everybody's as* needs to be covered

Hey!! I'll sing at your divorce!! Maybe you can show me a few things on the guitar. (only been playing a year or so.)

Ha. :lmao:

Congrats! And I hope you win the jackpot.

• Author
I was just wondering what the difference is, that's all. Because the "one year" could be effective one year after you/she moved out, not the signing of the papers. I'm only one province away from you.

Its more so one of us cannot go back to the other for money,collections etc.If i win the lottery for example I can go up to her and flash my wod of thousand dollar bills in her face while jingling my gold while my limo driver is running into the travel agency to pick up my cruise around the world tickets and she can't come back and get one dime.:D

If she wins I quietly slit my wrists in the bathtub and check out;)

Because the "one year" could be effective one year after you/she moved out, not the signing of the papers. I'm only one province away from you.

Yah one year is from the day you/they moved out. I dont have a separation paper either. But I did sign the divorce papers a few months ago. But I agree with Art here. Break up all joint assets/debts now, get your named removed and cover your ass.

The week after my exh left, I changed the locks to the house and closed our joint bank account (that was really my account) and opened up a new one. I made sure any joint accounts we do have, he cannot make an overdraft and stick me with any debts.

I use to play profesionally in metal bands in Los Angeles.I moved to Hollywood when I was 20 and went to G.I.T there.Holywood was cool the school is great. I would recommend it but I went 14 years ago back when my hair was to my waist and my bangs to my bellybutton.....Those were the days!!!

Haha! Metal was (and still is) my thing too! That is exactly what I wanted to do 14 years ago, just didnt have the balls or the money to move from Germany to Hollywood. I wanted to be Slash form GnR! I think I still do! :) Did you play any gigs on the strip?

• Author
Did you play any gigs on the strip?

Whiskey,Roxy,troubadour(not on strip).I loved hanging at the Rainbow always saw Lemmy from Motorhead there he was a fixture.hahahaha

No problem, Im in Oakville, bring your drums, I play guitar(G.I.T.) now all we need is a bass and singer anyone???:D

Ha, I thought you were in Scarborough! Scobro = Scarboro! :laugh:

• Author
Did you release any records?

Yes but small independant stuff to shop the labels with and sell at gigs.Its a jungle down there everybodys in a band.

• Author
Ha, I thought you were in Scarborough! Scobro = Scarboro!

haha then it would be scabro, all I did was take the first 3 letters of my first and last name.Brilliant ,yes I know;)