she found out her ex husband cheated on her for the whole marriage

Over the weekend, my girlfriend of 18 months, found out from one of her ex husbands family members that he had cheated on her over the entire course of their 8 year marriage. She wasn;t fishing for this information. We had the person on speakphone and she was having a problem from a surgery and I am knowledgable of medical treatment (per se). However, they were talking about their respective "ex's" because they are both in jail, and how each of them contacts the children. her ex doesn;t contact her son at all. So, this woman tells my girlfriend that she is better off and that he had cheated on her for the entire marriage. Furthermore, I made a joke and said, let me guess you slept with him too! and there was silence. She did, but said it was "before they were together". This makes my girfriend sick and she is having a hard time now because she feels her entire life was a lie (11 years total) before she met me. I do not know how to deal with this and I feel bad for her because she gave this ass a child and in return he beat her and cheated on her the whole time. Any suggestions?

WOW! I guess the most important thing to do is obvious be there for her. This friend just woke up some dormant memeories in your GF's mind. I imagine she may be hurt all over again by this but you need to be there for her.