Wife wants to split after 1 year of marriage

Hello everybody,

Maybe you guys can give me your insight on this major problem I'm having. My wife and I have been together for 7 years, married 1 year with 3 kids together. We bought house 8 months ago and things were going down hill fast. 1st month after we bought the house, I found out my wife was having an affair. I was extremely heart broken and I told her we were absolutely done. She begged for forgiveness and I gave it to her and agreed to sort everything out. Now last month, my wife tells me "I don't love you anymore, I want a seperation".

Now we're still under the same roof, but we do not talk or even sit in the same room together. She told me she does not want to be around me and she honestly thinks that in a year or so we will sort out our differences and get back together. So, I offered her money since she doesn't make a lot of money to leave. She accepted the offer and intends to leave in a few weeks. I also told her to leave me the kids and just leave me with the house. I told her in the divorce that I will put that I do not want a penny from her in child support.

I'm so heart broken, I wish she didn't make this decision, but I can't change that. Now, today she drops a bomb that she has intentions to move about 10 hours away and take the kids once she settles down since it's super expensive to live in my area. I told her I'd spend every dollar I have to spend on an attorney for my kids to stay with me. Her work hours are super late, and quite frankly, the way she's been acting lately, she shows ZERO interest in the kids. I've literally been doing everything- laundry,dishes, basically all household chores. I know I'm rambling on and on but i wish there was a way to save my marriage, but i really think its over with. I've done some stupid things in our relationship, but never cheated on her.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you. ?

Hello everybody,

Maybe you guys can give me your insight on this major problem I'm having. My wife and I have been together for 7 years, married 1 year with 3 kids together. We bought house 8 months ago and things were going down hill fast. 1st month after we bought the house, I found out my wife was having an affair. I was extremely heart broken and I told her we were absolutely done. She begged for forgiveness and I gave it to her and agreed to sort everything out. Now last month, my wife tells me "I don't love you anymore, I want a seperation".

Don't be surprised that the affair is still ongoing.

Now we're still under the same roof, but we do not talk or even sit in the same room together. She told me she does not want to be around me and she honestly thinks that in a year or so we will sort out our differences and get back together. So, I offered her money since she doesn't make a lot of money to leave. She accepted the offer and intends to leave in a few weeks. I also told her to leave me the kids and just leave me with the house. I told her in the divorce that I will put that I do not want a penny from her in child support.

Separation is to spend more time with her other man. You've foolishly helped finance it.

I'm so heart broken, I wish she didn't make this decision, but I can't change that. Now, today she drops a bomb that she has intentions to move about 10 hours away and take the kids once she settles down since it's super expensive to live in my area. I told her I'd spend every dollar I have to spend on an attorney for my kids to stay with me. Her work hours are super late, and quite frankly, the way she's been acting lately, she shows ZERO interest in the kids. I've literally been doing everything- laundry,dishes, basically all household chores. I know I'm rambling on and on but i wish there was a way to save my marriage, but i really think its over with. I've done some stupid things in our relationship, but never cheated on her.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you. ?

You are playing the pick me dance and trying to nice her back. You can work yourself to death and it will just make you look week and unattractive. Why are you doing all the work and paying all the bills? This has the opposite effect. It's going to make her lose even more respect for you.

Cut her off and get to an attorney now!!!

You need to wake up

• Like 5
  • Author
You are playing the pick me dance and trying to nice her back. You can work yourself to death and it will just make you look week and unattractive. Why are you doing all the work and paying all the bills? This has the opposite effect. It's going to make her lose even more respect for you.

Cut her off and get to an attorney now!!!

You need to wake up

Honestly, I don't want to go the vicious route. That's not who I am. She has told me in the past she will become a squatter in my house just because she has no money to go anywhere. She agreed to civilly go for divorce if I paid her to get her life started. I don't want to beef it out in court. Afterall, she still is the mother to my kids.

• Author
Read up. And quit being a pushover.

You're heartbroken when you should be pissed off.

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/breaking-up-reconciliation-coping/separation-divorce/406628-critical-readings-separation-divorce

I'm pissed/hurt/upset and many other emotions are currently running through my head. I think the toughest thing I'm having issues with is this girl was my high school sweetheart. She helped me fight my depression. I've never been like this in the relationships before her. But something in me allows her to walk all over me. I know I have to put my foot down.

Do you want to fight the affair and save your marriage or

do you want to divorce?

Accepting what your WW wants is you doing what she wants

not what you want. Make your own decisions and we will help

you whichever way you want to go.

• Author
Do you want to fight the affair and save your marriage or

do you want to divorce?

Accepting what your WW wants is you doing what she wants

not what you want. Make your own decisions and we will help

you whichever way you want to go.

If I could have it my way, I'd want her in my arms. But she doesn't want any part of that. Literally 20 mins ago before she walked out the door, she told me to "instill it in my head that I don't want to be with you right now" so yes, I am slowly accepting that this marriage is done and over.

I'm pissed/hurt/upset and many other emotions are currently running through my head. I think the toughest thing I'm having issues with is this girl was my high school sweetheart. She helped me fight my depression. I've never been like this in the relationships before her. But something in me allows her to walk all over me. I know I have to put my foot down.

Right now you are all you've got. You'd better take care of yourself.

• Like 2

Stop giving her money to screw another man and ruin your life!

You're rewarding her bad behavior!!!!

She wants to blow up the family? Ruin your life? The kids life? Let HER finance it!

The old version of herself has been hijacked and left the building - this is who she is now - a liar and a cheater. One who is willing to screw another man and ruin lives.

Fight like hell to get your kids! Tell your wife to leave now and do t give her money!

Move all assets into your name only! Hurry!

And she can figure out a way to finance her party girl life HERELF! Do NOT help her one bit!

Be strong! Get a court order for full custody and specify that she can't take them out of the county you live in.

And YES (for sure) have her pay child support! She has a moral obligation - especially if she doesn't intend to stay close by!

Tell her to leave - she has ten minutes to pack ONE bag and hand her money for one nights stay in a motel (she will stay with her OM). But you don't owe her anything more than that.

Make she she doesn't have access to banked money or credit cards (call and close her accounts/cards now) or she will access ALL the money you have available (don't think she won't - she will)!

Remove her from your life like she's a cancer - because that's what she is right now.

Make her VERY uncomfortable! People ONLY change when they are UNcomfortable!

File for divorce...get that rolling so reality settles in for her that SHE has caused all this upheaval in her life.

Remind her this is what she wanted - so you are willing to give her the freedom she asked for - your just not gonna find her partying days.

Wish her luck and know you dodged a huge bullet - she's not the woman you thought she was.

• Like 5
  • Author
Stop giving her money to screw another man and ruin your life!

You're rewarding her bad behavior!!!!

She wants to blow up the family? Ruin your life? The kids life? Let HER finance it!

The old version of herself has been hijacked and left the building - this is who she is now - a liar and a cheater. One who is willing to screw another man and ruin lives.

Fight like hell to get your kids! Tell your wife to leave now and do t give her money!

Move all assets into your name only! Hurry!

And she can figure out a way to finance her party girl life HERELF! Do NOT help her one bit!

Be strong! Get a court order for full custody and specify that she can't take them out of the county you live in.

And YES (for sure) have her pay child support! She has a moral obligation - especially if she doesn't intend to stay close by!

Tell her to leave - she has ten minutes to pack ONE bag and hand her money for one nights stay in a motel (she will stay with her OM). But you don't owe her anything more than that.

Make she she doesn't have access to banked money or credit cards (call and close her accounts/cards now) or she will access ALL the money you have available (don't think she won't - she will)!

Remove her from your life like she's a cancer - because that's what she is right now.

Make her VERY uncomfortable! People ONLY change when they are UNcomfortable!

File for divorce...get that rolling so reality settles in for her that SHE has caused all this upheaval in her life.

Remind her this is what she wanted - so you are willing to give her the freedom she asked for - your just not gonna find her partying days.

Wish her luck and know you dodged a huge bullet - she's not the woman you thought she was.

She has no access to any money of mine. I always had my checks and savings desperate from our joint account. I'd always give her money as she needed. I know giving her the money may sound stupid, but I know for a fact she will fight to stay in the house and make me and herself miserable if I don't give her the money. Child support is minor. I don't want it from her. I just want her to get out so I can start healing my heart. My kids are starting to know what's going on and they are hurting. I told her and she told me I was full of sh*t that they would never say that. I know that one day she is going to try and come back. And I hope that day I'm strong enough to tell her no.

Is the house in your name only?

Don't put anymore money in the joint account - in fact, take everything available in there out except $100

It doesn't matter what she says at this point, she's made it well known she's left the relationship.

Call her family and expose her cheating. Let them know she's expected to leave the house asap.

• Author

Don't put anymore money in the joint account - in fact, take everything available in there out except $100

It doesn't matter what she says at this point, she's made it well known she's left the relationship.

Call her family and expose her cheating. Let them know she's expected to leave the house asap.

They're already well aware of what's going on. I can't tell you how much they disapprove of what she's doing. Her family is old school-stay with the one you marry forever. The joint account has been at zero for weeks now. She won't put any of her money in there and same for me. But I swear it's weird cause even when she has to drive home after work, she calls me every night to talk to her on the phone cause she's scared to drive at night. But as soon as she walks through the door, it's dead silence. It's like a major tug on the heart strings for me. But I know it's over, she made it clear.

They're already well aware of what's going on. I can't tell you how much they disapprove of what she's doing. Her family is old school-stay with the one you marry forever. The joint account has been at zero for weeks now. She won't put any of her money in there and same for me. But I swear it's weird cause even when she has to drive home after work, she calls me every night to talk to her on the phone cause she's scared to drive at night. But as soon as she walks through the door, it's dead silence. It's like a major tug on the heart strings for me. But I know it's over, she made it clear.

So she's using you as comfort and safety? Is that what you're saying?

Honestly, I don't want to go the vicious route. That's not who I am. She has told me in the past she will become a squatter in my house just because she has no money to go anywhere. She agreed to civilly go for divorce if I paid her to get her life started. I don't want to beef it out in court. Afterall, she still is the mother to my kids.
Then prepare to get 'pimp slapped' by her! There is no easy ways to keep your kids without knuckling down and going to WAR! I went through it and it was HELL,but to keep my daughter safe and growing up wanting for nothing.. I went to war.

Your wife is a cancer, she will drain you emotionally, physically and mentally.

Don't be the safety net bro while the other guy is receiving all of her attention, once she started cheating that's a huge trust blow....

• Like 1

You need to understand, the mother of your kids is a lying cheater. Sorry dude, but that kind of person CAN'T make a good parent. End of discussion.

You're gonna have to get real about it eventually. You're not her dad. You can love her unconditionally, you just have to change how you show that love. Don't show that it's OK to cheat. Don't show her that no matter what she does she will have you to kick around. You've done enough to show that already, she gets it.

You say this to avoid doing the reading. That won't help you. READ.

If I could have it my way, I'd want her in my arms. But she doesn't want any part of that. Literally 20 mins ago before she walked out the door, she told me to "instill it in my head that I don't want to be with you right now" so yes, I am slowly accepting that this marriage is done and over.

You can have it your way... READ.

You need to understand, the mother of your kids is a lying cheater. Sorry dude, but that kind of person CAN'T make a good parent. End of discussion.

You're gonna have to get real about it eventually. You're not her dad. You can love her unconditionally, you just have to change how you show that love. Don't show that it's OK to cheat. Don't show her that no matter what she does she will have you to kick around. You've done enough to show that already, she gets it.

You say this to avoid doing the reading. That won't help you. READ.

You can have it your way... READ.

I'm confused on what you want him to "read".

Anyways..OP..This person has been cheating on you from 'jump'.. 1 month after buying a house you found out about the affair..That was going on,maybe multiple affairs. She's unfaithful in the 'biblical sense'. Time to get to getting your actual real life adult affairs(like bills and stuff) in order and protect yourself. Get a lawyer Tue morning..or leave the a voicemail tomorrow.

I hate to mention this but have the kids DNA tested.

It's possible she's cheated prior to this. Even if you think not - it's possible since she's shown that she's capable of this.

Not that any test result would change how you raise the kids...it's a matter of knowing she didn't pull off another lie to you without knowing what the truth is.

• Like 1
  • Author
So she's using you as comfort and safety? Is that what you're saying?

Well she's miserable being home. She sops in bed all day long on her off days. And which is why I want to give her money to move out cause I feel I cannot move on with my life unless she's truly gone and out of the house. And yes, the house is under my name only but even so, she told me she doesn't want any part of the house either way so I'm not too worried about that.

• Author
I hate to mention this but have the kids DNA tested.

It's possible she's cheated prior to this. Even if you think not - it's possible since she's shown that she's capable of this.

Not that any test result would change how you raise the kids...it's a matter of knowing she didn't pull off another lie to you without knowing what the truth is.

I have no doubt the 2 youngest are mine. The oldest is not biologically mine. I came into his life when he was about 2-3 months old and the bio-father is long gone. I told her I want to keep all 3 under the same roof. Which I have no doubt that I will fight for my 2 youngest. But I don't stand a chance with my oldest child since I'm only considered a "step parent" which has no standing ground in court. She ultimately intends on leaving all 3, I know she will cause she can't live her life the way she wants to while having her kids waiting for her to come gone every night. She runs her mouth that she wants to take them away from me and blah blah blah, but I know the type of life she wants. And the kids would be kind of "holding her back" sort of speak.

• Author
I'm confused on what you want him to "read".

Anyways..OP..This person has been cheating on you from 'jump'.. 1 month after buying a house you found out about the affair..That was going on,maybe multiple affairs. She's unfaithful in the 'biblical sense'. Time to get to getting your actual real life adult affairs(like bills and stuff) in order and protect yourself. Get a lawyer Tue morning..or leave the a voicemail tomorrow.

She has agreed to try and divorce civilly and go into the attorneys office to have everything written up. I'm going to call to make the appointment tomorrow and we will see if we can go the easy route or the difficult route. Not sure yet. We shall see.

Ok then, see the attorney and then file a restraining order from her entering your home.

If she wants to see the kids she can meet you somewhere to get them.

And she's a grown woman - she can work more and support herself. She will have plenty of time on her hands since you'll be raising the kids and working full time.

Stand firm on not giving her a dime!

Hi Peterbilt,

I am very sorry for what you are going through. I can sense that you are very committed to her and your family. I commend you for fighting for your marriage. Has it ever crossed your mind that she might have a psychological problem? It may sound far off but I knew someone with a similar story and it went on for years while the kids suffered most. And he also loved her. Then an unrelated incident got her ending up getting psychological testing and it turned out that she had some kind of problem. It might help to know first that you are dealing with a sane person first before you can really do anything. You might want to consider going to a professional counselor first and describe her behavior maybe they can tell you if something is amiss. I hope this is helpful.

Hi Peterbilt,

I am very sorry for what you are going through. I can sense that you are very committed to her and your family. I commend you for fighting for your marriage. Has it ever crossed your mind that she might have a psychological problem? It may sound far off but I knew someone with a similar story and it went on for years while the kids suffered most. And he also loved her. Then an unrelated incident got her ending up getting psychological testing and it turned out that she had some kind of problem. It might help to know first that you are dealing with a sane person first before you can really do anything. You might want to consider going to a professional counselor first and describe her behavior maybe they can tell you if something is amiss. I hope this is helpful.

That is up to HER to admit she may have an issue and seek help.

OP - after she leaves the house change the locks.

• Like 1
  • Author
Hi Peterbilt,

I know for a fact she is not all there. She never was-but it did not affect her then as it does now. I've offered numerous times to seek help for herself and us to go to marriage counseling. I told her in the past to set it up with someone she feels comfortable with. Never happened. So, how can I help someone that doesn't want to help themselves?