Why does my ex seem so cold?

I've only been divorced a week, but I had to meet up with her to finalize some things.

She just seemed differnt. She came across just empty, like there was nothing behind those eyes. Id ask questions and she wouldn't answer. Just give me a cold blank stare.

I mean, we both went through this together, and I mean... I still have heart, I still have empathy.

She's the opposite. She's turned off everything.

Something seemed differnt with her like she was lost, an empty shell.

She's already moved on with someone else, so I know her changing her mind wasn't on her agenda.

I'd be concerned normally, but it's no longer my place.

Does anyone have any idea why she may be acting this way?

Maybe a female perspective?

Thanks.

• Author

There was a point were we were talking about the kids and how terrible it was splitting them up. I was the one actually getting emotional... somewhat intentional to try to pull some kind of emotion out of her. There was nothing. Just blank stares.

You don't get it. This is who she is. You mean nothing.

What are you expecting?

You should be going your own way and no contact with her except text or emails.

She dumped you for another man. Don't expect her to change. Or you'll just get constant dissapointment.

Time for you to move on like she has.

• Like 2

I am a female and I feel empty. We had a nine-year relationship (not married, no children). He started dating someone else and then wanted me back. I feel empty when he wants to see me now.

Maybe I am unconsciously protecting myself.

Did you do anything to degrade her and make her resent you?

Perhaps the whole divorce process made her cold.

This is how she moves on. She's detached herself. She was in the marriage too, so she's had plenty of time to notice what was wrong with it and dwell on those things. Now she's detaching herself and trying to just move on. It is probably an effort for her, but it's actually a healthy way of dealing with change, accept it and move on. She may still break down, but if she's really hurt, she'll likely do that in private and not share anything like that with you again.

• Like 2
I've only been divorced a week

I'd bet she's been emotionally gone from the marriage a lot longer than that. In these types of things, one spouse is usually ahead of the other...

Mr. Lucky

I'd bet she's been emotionally gone from the marriage a lot longer than that. In these types of things, one spouse is usually ahead of the other...

Mr. Lucky

Exactly. The person who leaves has a head start on the healing. She's already grieved the relationship and found someone new.

You are nothing but a bother to her now. It's not her way of dealing, she simply doesn't care.

Once her rebound fails she may get upset.

But all you can do is move on and understsnd you will never be with her again.

Sucks - hang in there brother.

• Like 1