LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Separation and Divorce

Thoughts about divorce

Separation and Divorce Considering ending your marriage? Going through a divorce? Let us know!

Old 29th December 2017, 11:21 PM   #16
Established Member

He was fine when taking his meds, now he's off of them and things are bad.

Simple solution- you serve him his meals, correct?

Think about it

browzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2017, 11:31 PM   #17
S2B
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by browzer View Post

Think about it

She can't make him take his meds.

He's a grown man - if he doesn't want to take them she can't force him.
S2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2017, 2:25 AM   #18
Established Member

Journal Entries: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by browzer View Post

Think about it

Good point, and yeah it does go on in mental facilities and nursing homes and I did a bit of it myself caring for a mental patient but it's probably not in the cards in this example. Also, brain meds vary widely and some cannot be crushed into foods because of their delivery method and/or flavor/odor. Pudding/fruit cups were my favorite delivery vehicle.

Most adult loved ones of otherwise sane humans probably would not want to go down the spike the food path. I don't blame them for that decision. Tough call.
carhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2017, 11:38 PM   #19

It is a hard and sad thing to think of ending a marriage you have worked so hard at and remember the man you used to know and love but you should never keep yourself in a relationship that is abusive or dangerous! Yes, find a shelter and move on in your life. You don't have to necessarily divorce but separate and keep yourself safe. You will be surprised how much help there is out there when you reach out. Go to a church near you and they will help you or refer you to someone who can. At the very least your husband needs counseling and to get on his scripts to stay stable, maybe in time you might feel able to reconcile after he has proven to have truly changed but keep yourself safe more than anything.
KimmyO is offline   Reply With Quote