Terrified

My mother in law is a narcasist and so is my husband. I didnt see this when i married or had my child.

Im getting emotional abused everyday and its getting worse and worse. I decided for the sake of my son i need to divorce.

The tricky part is i am living in latin america. My son was born here and my husband is from here. I am canadian. We live here too.

I am 1000% alone here with only my son. I dont even have good friends here that can help me. I need to go back to Canada with ny son but it wil be extreely difficult. I have never been so scared in my life and i need help. Anything...

I need to go back to Canada with ny son but it wil be extreely difficult.

It might be more than extremely difficult, it might be impossible.

Imagine the situation were reversed. Imagine you were living in Canada with your husband and son, and he suddenly decided he wanted to go back home to Latin America with your son. You would have something to say about that, right? You would see a lawyer and get a protective custody order, you would take all legal precautions you could, to prevent your husband taking your son thousands of miles away to another country, right? Well, just because you are the mother does not give you more rights than the father. You cannot simply take your son, who is a native citizen of this country, to another country without the father's co-operation.

The first thing you should do is SEE A LAWYER who can explain exactly how the law works in your country, and explain clearly what your options are, and what the procedure for you moving back home with your son would be. I think it will take a lot of time and money. You say he is a narcissist and emotionally abusive; get this recorded. Make a diary of events. Then get a divorce, and apply for sole custody of your son based on your husband's behaviour.

Edited by PegNosePete
  • Like 1

Go to the Canadian embassy in your country. Ask them to recommend a divorce lawyer who specializes in international custody arrangements under the laws of the country where you are living.

• Like 1

When did you get married, OP?

You were here at the end of May, and stated that you and your man chose not to marry. A week later, you had a husband and MIL. :confused:

Are you still within the time frame for a annulment?

• Like 2