Removing Wedding Website (is this okay?)

I want to contact my ex (the first time in approx. 7months) to remove our wedding website. She has a very common name so when you Google her it would be impossible to find her without specifics.

My name is not so common. So when you type it into Google, you will find me.

Our wedding registry/website (The Knot) is the 2nd link when you Google my name and it bugs the absolute hell out of me. I write and am currently working on putting out some works in the near future, I also do BB and would like to extend a platform in that, so I think I have a handful of reasons to be protective of my name.

We have been divorced since February, she has been in a relationship since that same month, and I'm keeping my distance and have no intention of ever being with her again.

How do I contact her about removing the website? She has the login, I don't. Otherwise I would do it myself.

Edited by Frostedflake

Can you contact The Knot about it? I'm sure they deal with this type of thing all the time. I'd be surprised if they can leave your pictures public if you withdraw your consent.

• Like 1

Why wasn't this is your PSA?

Go ahead & ask but if she says no, get in touch with the website. Failing that call your lawyer.

• Author

The website was her idea and under her thumb. I'm not sure what fees were attached. But my name and several pictures of myself were on it.

I sent her a quick and polite request to take it down (if not, make it private) and blocked her after. I really didn't want any small talk follow up or see if she was going to be rude about it.

I just visited the website and although the link is still popping up in Google now the page itself has been removed and has an "unavailable" display by The Knot.

If it does not disappear in some time then I'll have to reach out to them I guess.

Thanks!

She did what you asked & took the wedding website down.

If you want the broken link removed, do an internet search for how to do that. I saw several sets of directions from various sources.