Should i get a new lawyer for divorce?

The one i have right now seems to just want my money and does not repond to emails or calls and seems like it is taking longer than it should. I dont know if this is normally how it is, which is why im asking here. It has been almost a year and divorce still hasnt gone to the court process. My ex is also not cooperating. They tried to serve him but he will not answer the door so they say they will need to put out an ad in the paper for another three weeks which will cost apparently another 400 dollars. I feel like they just keep finding ways to get more money. Im thinking of going to another lawer just to get things done more efficiently?

Absolutely yes. My first lawyer took $10,000 from me before I knew what had happened, and I still had no court date even. My second lawyer got it done for $2,000.

Serving by publication costs about $50 by the way, for 4 weeks. Call the paper and ask them.

They tried to serve him but he will not answer the door

A door shouldn't stop a determined process server. Serving papers can be done at work, at the local supermarket, I even heard of it being served under a car's windscreen wipers. The recipient doesn't have to pick up the papers; you just need a process server to write an affidavit saying that the recipient was aware that the papers were for him and saw them being delivered. You can hire process servers to serve papers who are like bulldogs and will not give up. Every lawyer worth their salt knows this. So yeah, I would get a new one. And when you interview new ones, ask how they would proceed with your current situation.

Edited by PegNosePete