To leave or not to leave...

LostGentleman

I screwed up and screwed up big time. 2 years into my marriage ive cheated not once but twice. It was with 2 different women in the same time frame. I feel as though my wife gave up trying to be sexy and even sexual with me. It was discussed a few times but since I saw no results I tried to secretly take matters into my own hands. I'm now on the verge of a divorce. My wife wants to leave along with our daughter and stay with family and force me to get a roommate in our current house. The reasoning is to clear her head and she says she wants to do this until December. She is willing to work out our issues but do you all think its a good idea to live separately for 5 months if were supposed to be working things out?

If you really are trying to work it out, use that time to go to counseling together. Usually separation is just the first step towards divorce though. I'm sure she's having trouble with the fact that sex was the single most important thing to you, despite that she's your wife and you have little ones.

MY guess is that she probably doesn't really want to work things out.

One woman is bad enough but two...

If you were 20 years married I think you may have had a chance, but after only two years...

Even if she comes back, this will take years and years to get back on some sort of a track, 2-5 years is the average, are you prepared to put that work in?

YOU can't say after 6 months of hell, "Surely you are over it now?" as that won't work. Trust once lost is very hard to recover, sometimes it is impossible and divorce is inevitable anyway.

• Like 1

Let your wife go. You cheated on her. You had no respect for her or the two other women you were with.

She at least had some self respect. My exMM had been with another woman before me and also had numerous online relationships going on at the same time. His wife saw it as a competition and fought for their marriage as soon as she found out. Your wife is not doing that. Let her find someone who will respect her.