Need new tough communicating attorney

I need a new attorney.

Mine won't communicate or update me and is afraid of my spouse's attorney.

There are special circumstances in my divorce but my attorney has one way of doing things and I'm not allowed to know anything that's going on until it is done.

I've looked through the regular "find an attorney" sites but they only give recommendations from other attorneys or none about attorney's in my area since there is no large city for miles.

I'm afraid to write where I'm from because I've already been chastised for asking around. []

Please help

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
redacted personal information ~6
GorillaTheater

Have any friends or family members who've gone through a divorce in your area? That's a good place to start. Even if they haven't, ask if they've ever used an attorney for any reason and whether they were happy with the representation. That would be the attorney I'd ask for referrals.

Good luck.

Let attorney handle unless he is not doing his job. He may not be communicating to avoid extra costs on you.

Changing attorney's is not advisable in the middle of case.

A reminder:

Terms of Use -- Solicitation/UCE: You may not post or transmit any advertising, promotional materials or any other solicitation of others for goods, actions, or services of any type.
We'll leave this thread open if the threadstarter would like to discuss tips for finding an attorney and/or the benefits/drawbacks of doing so but if there is any direct solicitation for services, this will be shut down as soon as possible.

Thanks,

~6

Call the bar association in your state & ask them for a referral.

The canons of ethics obligate an attorney to keep the client informed. If yours isn't communicating with you, write that person a snail mail letter that you mail to the attorney. Attorney's respond better to letters than e-mail. Set forth how & how often you want to be contacted / updated. Do realize that you will be charged for every 1/10 of an hour (6 minutes) & the more attention you demand, the higher your bill will be.