Want to move on but can't

Lonelyandsad123

still drawn to my ex but know it will never work ... he got handsy with a family member which led to our split and therapy for many people. It's been three months and I know he is dating someone new now (which kills me), but I just found out that he first hooked up with this girl less than 2 weeks after the end of our marriage. He's moving on, going out, etc. but he still says he loves me when he sees me, but we both know we can't work together. Why is this putting me in such a funk? Why can't I move on yet? I tried to explain that I won't move on until I love myself and feel emotionally prepared to be there for another person, but I don't know if that happens before or after you decide to put yourself out there. I'm young, so I have many single friends still. Any thoughts on what I should do?

It's better if you just let yourself feel what you feel. If you suppress it, it will come back to haunt you.

In the meantime, eat well, exercise and keep yourself busy. If you are not ready to date, go out and explore your hobbies.

We are still under one roof, so I'm not sure how well I will take my own advice once I move out. But I'm going to join a running club and a gym to make sure I get out of the house.

At least you are still young. I'm middle aged and have no single friends.

Take care of yourself!

Move on and stay away. Sounds like he's in a happier place now. Time to find your happiness and let go of this mess.