divorce almost final

Hi all its the first time I have posted. I found out In Sept of last year that my wife of 12 yrs(four days after my brother died) wanted a divorce. I loved her and thought that she would be with me till the end of life.

Long story short she had a ten yr old daughter from a previous relationship that

was a rebel and she was already losing control of her, she would bully and fight

other kids, she would treat my wife like a door mat until I stepped in and became the bad cop,she actually had caused trouble with the law a few times also.

So I had to get tough (but fair) with her to get her to straighten up her act.

Fast forward to now she is now graduating from college at the top of her class

and I get all the blame for not bonding with her or being her father when it was my stbx that had no backbone as a PARENT.

So she wanted out because I was a bad father in her eyes, then why did she

wait until daughter was finished with college to discard me?. I feel like such a pawn.

She said she wanted to be my friend but I know it's not true and she only said

that to ease her guilt for dumping me, I decided to move to another state and I want nothing to do with her anymore.

I've gotten over her,but know that going forward I may be damaged goods and am afraid that It may scare me away from meeting someone else

In the future. I'm pretty sure I don't want marriage anymore but think I would still like to be with someone. My trust for relationships is shot down.

How can I believe in anyone going forward?.

When it comes to love I'm the one who is on the receiveing end of hurt.

I would be grateful for any comments or advice.

Thanks

Read "No More Mr Nice Guy" free down load.

Yes, she used you and probably from the found digit hadanothermznon the side.

You are correct she's not a friendi. Period!!!!

How can I believe in anyone going forward?

It's a choice and one you, and only you, have complete control over.

You can accept this ending as what it is, the end of a relationship with one person, grieve it as the death it is, then move on.

Do you believe in anything or anyone in life? Why or why not? You'll find your answers there.

Welcome to LS and best wishes for a speedy and inexpensive conclusion to your divorce.

• Like 1
  • Author

The way I see it I don't have an issue with trust, my issue lies with being with someone who breaks that trust. Since marriage won't be a part of my future,

Any relationship I may have going forward will be with the mindset, if your not happy don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.