Preparing to move out ...

I am looking for a new home. Will need to rent. Feeling overwhelmed by this new step. Any tips??

I'm buying a house, but it's still the same general feeling. I've been doing my best to cope by focusing on the little things I can do now that I wasn't able to do before. I'm trying to think about how I can do stuff that I like instead of trying to compromise to please someone else. I've also been thinking about how I don't be nice to not have to worry about whether not I'll get yelled at today.

And of course, just focusing on the unemotional parts of it. Finding some place to live that is a good fit, making sure I have all my paperwork together, and unemotionally deciding who's going to have a what. I figure I can fall apart after I move.

Angelica21

SeanDylan:

Look for an apartment as close as possible to where your children will be living.

Contact a real estate agent, they help with finding rental apartments because they hope that someday a rental customer will return as a buying customer.

Use Internet websites to locate apartments.

• Author

There are two apartment complexs with townhomes in less than 2 miles from here and I have contacted both. There is another close as well and will be looking in to it this week. Great suggestions.

I hit lonely hard last night and this morning am a little calmer.

I'm in the same situation. I start to get anxiety just thinking of moving and starting over. Nights are very lonely. Try to stay close to your kids, and keep yourself as busy as possible. And keep posting on here as much as you need. The advice on here is great!

• Author

The nights are the worst for me too. I have problems settling for bed. Miss someone close.

I dread the nights and weekends when Im home and not working. The weekends is when we use to go out and do family stuff, and than end the day watching movies. You have to find a way to break the regular routine and create new ones. That's what I'm working on now. I also changed up my house by painting it and moving the furniture around until I have the guts to pack up and move.

• Author

Xfinity device crapped out so spent my morning trying to get that nonsense back up and running. I am moving out with little to nothing to be honest. I used to enjoy time with soon to be ex wife. Now we don't occupy the same space at all.

Need to start routines, for me. Need to start running again. I enjoyed it when I did.

The key is to keep yourself busy doing things you love to do. To help pass the time. It will be a huge change for you when you move, but you will be able to create new memories, which will help to slowly weave out the old ones.

• 2 weeks later...
Nothingisperfect

I'm in the same boat. I've been stuffing my face and having wine. Lol Wish I had better advice... Moving out in mid August. 6 years of marriage and 2 kids. He announced he wasn't happy a month ago and he's already puting the wheels into motion. I was completely blind sided... I know your pain.