To those that have relocated with children during divorce...

please tell me your story.

How did your kids do both with the news of a divorce and a relocation away from your spouse? How long did it take for them to adjust? Any advice on making it easier on them?

TIA.

Miss Clavel
please tell me your story.

How did your kids do both with the news of a divorce and a relocation away from your spouse? How long did it take for them to adjust? Any advice on making it easier on them?

TIA.

sorry, i don't think they will adjust. not deep down anyway. and i stayed in the same neighborhood, same school district. i even kept all the last names matching. all of this to help them adjust. but, imo, it's a bomb site, like in a war.

and we had their dad in, almost every day.

kids need both parents.

• Like 1

it hasn't happened to me and I hope it doesn't, but, im a "expect the worse hope for the best" type of person, and ive thought about this scenario for myself.

If my ex had to move with the kids, and if there was absolutely nothing I could do to stop her (going to court, petition, whatever other options legally available), Ive made up my mind I would also move to be close to them, by myself if needed.

not to stalk my ex or harass her because I never did anything like that, but to be there in my kids life. I would do anything for my kids.

• Like 2
redbaron007

I was working away from home during the week for about 6 months prior to D, so my 6 year old was used to seeing me on weekends. After I moved out, I started seeing him every other weekend and twice a week on Skype - I have not yet contested custody to prevent involving my son in a custody battle but I might in future (see my thread for back-story). He seems to be doing fine so far. He's in first grade but his teacher tells me he reads 2 grades above his level. I try to do the Dad-type of activities like teaching him to play tennis, taking him to SF, playing Xbox, etc.