Anniversary

It's my anniversary today. My husband asked for a divorce about a month ago. He moved out 3 weeks ago. He is being just awful to me. Sending me mean texts and emails. But today I am so sad. It sucks.

Welcome to LS and my sympathies. Divorce is kinda like death. The good news is it gets better.

I recall, while married, our anniversary was a perennially special day for me because, well, I'm sentimental in that way.

Today, some nearly six years after our D, when reading your post, I had to struggle to remember when it was and then it struck me....it was the same day my mom died. She died on our anniversary and the D was final a couple months later after 18 months or so of back and forth misery.

Life is a lot better now. My bet is it'll get better for you, probably even more better (heh, bad phrase!) because, like most folks, you'll regain the faith in romance and find someone else. Me, I'm good to head to the fishin' hole and catch some salmon.

• Like 2
KBarletta

I feel for you, Kat33. I just had what would have been my wedding anniversary last week. The first one since my D was final a few months ago.

Luckily, I was out of town for work and with a bunch of friends, so I didn't think about it much. But it is not easy, especially the first time. But it DOES get better, and soon it will become just another day.

Hang in there!