Divorce and relocating with child

I've been wanting a divorce for a while with my husband and he has refused to let me divorce with any custody of our son. I would like to relocate to another state and he has refused to allow my son to take part in it stating he'll give me my divorce but won't let me take our son even though I've offered a generous agreement with visitation up on doing so. Has anyone went through a similar situation and how long does it take? I have full temporary custody through a court order from last year that's due to expire in Feb of next year. Does that hold any weight? We aren't divorced yet, still sharing a place together.

Wheremyheartis

First of all what is your idea of a generous visitation. I know that you want to relocate and not be separated from your child. But you have to understand it from his point of view. He is thinking you want to take his child from him. If you are moving to awhole other state you are looking at becoming the primary custodian. And that is understandable for him to disagree.

With that said. I don't know you or your husband. I don't know if its in the child's best interest to be with you full time or not. But this is something you need to talk to a lawyer about or reevaluate the custody issue with your husband. Because in most cases a judge won't find it in the best interest of the child to relocate.