Am I obsessed with my Ex

i've already posted in a different thread but my friends tell me that they feel like all I think about is my ex and his new gf.

We had a disagreement today and he kept rubbing it in my face about his new gf (who he cheated with and was my brothers gf).

I have heard that the relationship is very toxic and that her family doesn't like him and she's been very ill from the way He has acted towards her.

For some reason I still feel really upset when he says things to try and make me feel bad. He doesn't care about my feelings at all and even tells me that!

I try and find out if she's gone to family events etc. I'm told when they post pics together on social media as well. It sounds very sad I know and even knowing that doesn't change anything but I can't seem to stop...

mystikmind2005

Well i think what you are going through is pretty normal?

My ex moved out last January, after 6 months i was not thinking of her at all, getting on with my life.

However as time went on, i was expecting to get some reasonable custody of our three year old daughter, but my ex continues to refuse any overnight custody, not even one night a week.

Since my ex has been making this trouble, i find myself thinking about her most of the time now.

It is when they make trouble,, it becomes so difficult to move on.

• Author

Sorry to hear what you're going through.

Do you think they make things difficult because they are not happy themselves?

My ex chose to move out and start seeing someone else but kept coming back and telling me he wasn't sure and was confused etc but knew things had gone too far so was stuck in the life he has but isn't happy... Surely if he was, he wouldn't keep hassling me and making life difficult?!

• Like 1
mystikmind2005
Sorry to hear what you're going through.

Do you think they make things difficult because they are not happy themselves?

My ex chose to move out and start seeing someone else but kept coming back and telling me he wasn't sure and was confused etc but knew things had gone too far so was stuck in the life he has but isn't happy... Surely if he was, he wouldn't keep hassling me and making life difficult?!

There are allot of negative emotions to deal with during a separation. I am a very logical person, so i am able to take a step back from my emotions and ask myself what benefit this will bring? So what is the point of acting on those emotions if it is not going to bring any benefit?

I have noticed most people don't take the time to ask that question of themselves.