total confusion

I've been divorced and actually it's been finalized 6 June 2015. My wife and I just grew apart. She started dating then she broke up. She started to miss me, we reconciled, but instead of taking it slow, our emotions took over and we moved fast and she wasn't ready, so she wanted to be alone again. The night before I moved out she tells me that "if our paths shall cross again in the future then we both will know that it was meant to be". She divorced me, why would she say that? Ladies....help me out, what does that statement mean?

It likely means she was vulnerable and confused, having cold feet on divorce likely stemming from guilt for failing at marriage...went back to her comfort zone (you) then remembered all the problems or got a contact from a lover when she thought it was over. No looking back. She had a chance, she blew it.

I wouldn't wait around she divorced you. Thats a big deal.

Start moving forward without her and heal. You dont want to reconcile with her you have to face the marriage is gone.

• Author

Privategal, do you think she would leave the door open and try to reconcile in the future if her dating life doesn't work out? I'm moving on anyway just trying to get clarification. Thank you for your response.

Privategal, do you think she would leave the door open and try to reconcile in the future if her dating life doesn't work out? I'm moving on anyway just trying to get clarification. Thank you for your response.

Never be someone's backup plan. You're worth more than that.

Stop thinking about what she's doing. Let that go. Focus on what you're doing instead.

The marriage ended. It's time to put it in the bottom of the box of your life experiences and start making new ones with new people.

she started to miss me, we reconciled, but instead of taking it slow, our emotions took over and we moved fast and she wasn't ready, so she wanted to be alone again.

I'm assuming much of that vague and ambiguous description came straight from her. It's the kind of thing someone tells you because it's easier to say than "I needed you for comfort but now I'm interested in someone else".

She sounds selfish, needy and manipulative. Live your life, let her do what she will. I'd guess she'll be back at some point, hope you see her for what she really is...

Mr. Lucky

• Like 1

Maybe she's trying to give you the hint that she intends to never cross paths with you again hence it was never meant to be.

That's the only logical conclusion that I can come up with since she initiated divorce.

I find that both men and women are afraid of coming out and saying it's truly over. No wonder with lots of domestic violence and vindictiveness at the end of a relationship.

she tells me that "if our paths shall cross again in the future then we both will know that it was meant to be". She divorced me, why would she say that?

Because she wants to keep you around as a backup plan in case her new relationships don't work out.

Don't be Mr. Backup Plan. It never ends well. Especially for you.

You both need to be on your own for quite some time. Learn to be ok by yourself. Only then can you be a good partner for her or anyone else. Same goes for her. It's suggested being alone after divorce one month for every year you were married before dating again.