Confused about STBX

Hello! It's been a couple of months since my last post.

A little backstory: My husband met someone new, and wanted a divorce. He wanted me to file and take care of everything (he didn't want me to use a lawyer). Well I decided, if he's the one who wants the divorce, then he should be the one to file and do all the paperwork. He said he would go ahead and take care of everything. That converation took place in June. We've had extremely minimal contact since then, mostly because he was ignoring me. I ended up just leaving him alone, and moving on with my life.

Fast forward to the present... I recently tried to get in contact with him, trying to figure out what's going on with our divorce. I cannot get an answer from him! He sees my messages on FB, but won't respond. He won't even answer questions or talk about anything that has to do with our children. I want him in the kids' lives, but he doesn't respond when I try and have them keep in contact. He will answer questions that are totally unrelated to us, though.

I don't get what's going on? Why have I not been served yet? Is he up to something sneaky? I should probably just go ahead and be the one to file now. But I don't get why he's totally ignoring anything to do w the status of relationship, or the kids. Feels like it's in limbo.

Edited by shadowpixel
Title got cut off

Go to a lawyer and find out your rights and those of your children.

He has essentially abandoned them.

So it is your responsibility to sort things out so that you and they are secure.

GET A LAWYER ASAP! & protect your children and yourself. know your rights & file for a divorce. if he doesn't want to be a father - nothing you can do about it.

But I don't get why he's totally ignoring anything to do w the status of relationship, or the kids.

Because he's a narcissistic d-bag?

As Elaine, he's abandoned his family. Time for you to take control, see a lawyer, file for divorce and get your life squared away.

Has he been providing any financial support since he left? One of many reasons to stop waiting for him...

Mr. Lucky

Hello! It's been a couple of months since my last post.

A little backstory: My husband met someone new, and wanted a divorce. He wanted me to file and take care of everything (he didn't want me to use a lawyer). Well I decided, if he's the one who wants the divorce, then he should be the one to file and do all the paperwork. He said he would go ahead and take care of everything. That converation took place in June. We've had extremely minimal contact since then, mostly because he was ignoring me. I ended up just leaving him alone, and moving on with my life.

Fast forward to the present... I recently tried to get in contact with him, trying to figure out what's going on with our divorce. I cannot get an answer from him! He sees my messages on FB, but won't respond. He won't even answer questions or talk about anything that has to do with our children. I want him in the kids' lives, but he doesn't respond when I try and have them keep in contact. He will answer questions that are totally unrelated to us, though.

I don't get what's going on? Why have I not been served yet? Is he up to something sneaky? I should probably just go ahead and be the one to file now. But I don't get why he's totally ignoring anything to do w the status of relationship, or the kids. Feels like it's in limbo.

Because the longer he waits the longer he doesn't pay support money.

File yourself. Take charge of this and make him pay support based on him having zero visitation. Show the judge he's not been seeing the kids.

• Like 1
  • Author
Because he's a narcissistic d-bag?

As Elaine, he's abandoned his family. Time for you to take control, see a lawyer, file for divorce and get your life squared away.

Has he been providing any financial support since he left? One of many reasons to stop waiting for him...

Mr. Lucky

Surprisingly he's still offering some support, plus all the savings are still there.

I saw a lawyer in June. All I have to do is say the word, and she'll file the papers. I'll go ahead and let her know tomorrow. I guess there's no use trying to make sense of things. I think was just hoping for some type of closure or understanding of things. Time to move on instead. Thanks everyone.

• Like 1
I think was just hoping for some type of closure or understanding of things. Time to move on instead. Thanks everyone.

One thing you might have to accept is that, in his mind, he's got "closure". You'd have to assume he's doing what he wants and of his own free will, his choices having been made.

Time to start making yours. Keep posting, let us know how things are going...

Mr. Lucky

Surprisingly he's still offering some support, plus all the savings are still there.

I saw a lawyer in June. All I have to do is say the word, and she'll file the papers. I'll go ahead and let her know tomorrow. I guess there's no use trying to make sense of things. I think was just hoping for some type of closure or understanding of things. Time to move on instead. Thanks everyone.

Move at least half of the money - and assets to your name only before filing.

Men can be lazy at times. He wants you to sort it all out. Best for you to file and get child support and any spousal support sorted out . If you can agree on a lot of this between yourselves, it will save time and money.

I've seen this scenario a fair bit. He cheats and wants divorce , yet does nothing to make it happen. I wonder how his OW would view this.

If he makes no effort to see his kids then he really ain't worth it. I just don't understand how a parent just abandons their kids like this and this is a prize to another woman.

You just need to be the best mom you can and the kids will see him for what he is.

He either a lazy bastard who want you to get upset and do everything or he is being sneaky and working behind your back

Get a lower today