legal issue with money matters while seperated advice please

womanwholovestoomuch

womanwholovestoomuch

My husband is overseas and not willing to sign any legal seperation or divorce, but wants to live our lives completely seperated, have an open marriage, but yet want me to handle his finances but wants to split up our goods. I call that selfish esp after he abandoned me, the kids and our stuff at the airport.

But anyways, I am currently a SAHM with two young children 11 mos and 7 yr old and will be looking for work now.

Anyways, since we are still legally married and its going to cost a fortune to do any legal actions overseas until he comes back to the states to file or have me file, which he wont agree to anything until then to keep me "tied" to him. So we agreed to stay legally married for 2 yrs.

In the mean time, he is racking his credit card each month so that I would have to pay it since I dont want to be in debt ever again with him esp since we plan on divorcing in a few years and he's gone over his monthly "allowance" we agreed on for each of us while we are physically and emotionally seperated. I have never had my name on this credit card, nor am I authorized on it and vice versa and same with our bank accounts. Am I legally bind to pay off all the debt on his own credit card if my name has and never been on it and nor do I have the credit card number or a card myself??? Is community property even on credit cards that is not joint? I can understand about if I buy a house even in my name, its half his even with out his name being on it. But a credit card?? I live in a community property state of Arizona and am wondering if any body can give me some advice as to what I can do financially end our finances with out legally getting a divorce or legal seperation. Is there a form you can file or a postnuptual you can end all legal ties financially from that point on? What is the point of having seperate bank accounts and credit cards for all these years, if we will still end up oweing on each others credit cards and accounts when we finally decide to proceed to the divorce in few years time when he returns back to the US?? I wish I got a prenup but never thought I would be in this situation at all. I dont believe in divorce and he isnt willing to work it out. Just expects me to be there for him at his beck and call because I dont have the finances with out him.

Please help and thanks for the time to read this!

From,

woman who loves too much

When you file for divorce, you can specify who is going to pay which debt ... based on who took the obligation. If your name is not on the card, nor any part of the bill, it should go to him. The best bet for you though would be to seek an attorney. Good luck to you.