My Divorce

My life was normal until one night after we both were drinking we had an argument and we both got physical it was the first time ever and forever changed everything. My daughter panicked called the cops and I was arrested. I was lost in the system for one year wasn't able to see or talk to my children it has been two years now the charge was settled and because of the no contact we divorced. I saw my kids 5 times in two years, spent $50 000 in lawyer fees to get access but the courts don't seem to care, my ex has a psychologist that sees the kids every time court is near to write letters the kids are not ready to see me. For 11 and 8 years of my kids life I was present never missing anything. This has emotionally killed me, my children now live 3 hours away and my ex won't even let me speak to them on the phone. This has been the hardest thing that I have ever lived through and days I feel like giving up on life. I am losing my kids through my ex alienation of them. No one in my family has had access to my kids because of her manipulation. I will always regret that night and I have never touched a drink since and never will my kids were my life now it has no meaning. They loss their dad and forever I will never forgive myself.

I am experiencing something similar and I feel bad for you.

You messed up for sure, but the punishment does not fit the crime, for now you have lost your kids.

All I can tell you is what I've been told. Don't give up on your kids, write to them, keep trying to contact them and eventually as they get older they'll want to see you again.

• Author

I agree that I won't give up but I will never get my time back and that for me is the worst. My ex wife knows that and I plead guilty to not have the kids testify and that was my choice and I will stand by that but never imagined I would lose my kids. A father doesn't deserve to lose his children over a divorce when there is nothing to worry about. The worse is if we got back together everything would be fine the kids would be back in my life but because we are not they are gone.

casey.lives

it's always good to know the person u father children with.. are they vengeful?? Do they self impose their own version of justice? Can they be mean/cruel??? Do they act irrational and impulsive often, without foresight??? I felt my ex would be this way... esp with his mother. my intuition was right