Parental alienation and now talking about aliens?!

farmtomarket

I know this is going to sound crazy and it is... But I have a question. I've been divorced for over a year ...and I have a 9 year old. my son has spent the past 10 days with me. It's been great. However, I've observed he's very scared about financial collapse and possible alien life. He's 9! I asked him where this is coming from and he told me he's been watching videos on YouTube about Area 51. I told him that's not appropriate and I messaged my ex about WHY he's allowing this. My son worried the end of the world is coming!

So, I asked my ex again about it and he said that our son should be allowed to watch things about mystery etc. then he went on to tell me and out son that he was "chased by aliens" when he was younger and that he truly believes that it's possible that aliens are out there and may come back for us.

Sooooo I think this is insane. I am wondering if am I overreacting or is this something that I should take to a lawyer and try to get my son away from him ... Full time.

Of course I want my son to live with me and I think this is more evidence this is necessary

Am I overreacting? Would you ever tell your kids something like this?

I think it sounds insane.

Its insane. Get a lawyer and file a petition limiting him to supervised visitation only. You've got grounds for a motion.

Clarence_Boddicker

Tell your son the truth about Area 51. It's a video game & a secret military research & testing base in Nevada. They did work on stealth planes there in the 1970s & 1980s. There's no credible evidence that aliens are involved there at all.

If aliens were involved in human society, it was probably long ago. Stuff that seems impossible for early man to do, like building the pyramids at Gaza & the La Paz (sp) high desert massive pictograms, might have had alien involvement in their creation. If aliens were among us in the past, I'd guess they didn't like what they saw in humanity and said let them destroy each other & left for good. Maybe Adams is right & we are the aliens.

I've dated some women in the past.. we have a great evening, we go to sleep, we wake up in the morning and I take one look at her and I'm sure she's been replaced by some alien creature.

Coffee helps.

Not much but somewhat.