The Abbys

I lost my husband today...We've been trying to work things out for a while and last night he said he was done. He's not in love with me anymore. I can't feel anything because I'm feeling everything. I can't eat anything. My meal of the day is Jack Daniels on ice (low ball, at least). 8 years.....over:sick:

Sorry this is happening to you. It's a common theme on this thread, sadly.

My advice to you is to try not to use your friend Jack Daniels as a crutch. It's not going to solve your problems. They'll still be there when the hangover fades away. I'd advise you to seek counseling before you do anything else. If your husband won't join you - go alone. Even if your marriage is beyond repair, it will help you deal with the aftermath and prepare you for building a new life.

Take care of yourself first. Do you have any children? Make them a priority. Put your energy into making sure they still have the life they deserve.

Your husband has left and has told you he no longer loves you. A natural reaction under the circumstances would be to try to fight to get him to come back. You need to resist this urge as it will only push him further away. I would concentrate on your own well being and try to start rebuilding your life. It will be difficult at first, but each day it gets easier - trust me.

Hang in there and keep posting!

KTB

PS - Don't sweat the misspelling. :-)

drinking is the worst thing you can do right now, you gotta be strong and beat it sober, it might help for a few hours but when you wake up hung over the next day those feelings you suppressed will come back multiplied & stronger.

good luck

Take care of your health better. That means laying off the booze. You may feel that he should love you, and since he doesn't the alcohol is filling in that empty, gaping hole where his love should be, but he doesn't have to love you. You're just ruining your health.