yesterday was my birthday.........

i am gutted

a little part of me sort of thought he would acknowledge my birthday ............

he turned up today while I was out and saw the balloons and pressies I got.

he called again in the afternoon to pick up his mail and said happy birthday.

I replied and said that it was yesterday. he had sort of a stupid smirk on his face.

I know it sounds dum but I feel a bit crap that he didn't seem to care.

I know I know I shouldn't be worrying about it but it does bite a bit.

:(

It's not dumb at all HUGS!

I acknowledged all of our special occasions and my wife did too up to a point. On my birthday she called me and sang happy birthday to me, then invited me over for dinner. That was early Feb. Our anniversary was late Feb and when I sent her a gift, she texted me to please stop sending her things. I told her I was confused because we had been exchanging things, she invited me over for my birthday and I figured we'd keep on doing that. Also she had told me Christmas eve that she wasn't sure she wanted a divorce. She said she "didn't recall saying that and on my birthday she was just being nice." Obviously in those couple weeks, the niceness stopped.

Perhaps it's a good thing he didn't. I didn't hear anything for our anniversary and though it hurt, I think it helped me to realize that we're really done. If you two are really done, then the sooner you both stop, the better.

I do know it's painful though. Another hug!!

Ken

P.S. happy belated birthday.

• Author
i am gutted
It's not dumb at all HUGS!

I acknowledged all of our special occasions and my wife did too up to a point. On my birthday she called me and sang happy birthday to me, then invited me over for dinner. That was early Feb. Our anniversary was late Feb and when I sent her a gift, she texted me to please stop sending her things. I told her I was confused because we had been exchanging things, she invited me over for my birthday and I figured we'd keep on doing that. Also she had told me Christmas eve that she wasn't sure she wanted a divorce. She said she "didn't recall saying that and on my birthday she was just being nice." Obviously in those couple weeks, the niceness stopped.

Perhaps it's a good thing he didn't. I didn't hear anything for our anniversary and though it hurt, I think it helped me to realize that we're really done. If you two are really done, then the sooner you both stop, the better.

I do know it's painful though. Another hug!!

Ken

P.S. happy belated birthday.

hi KEn. yea it did hurt a bit......after all this time to not acknowledge it but then like you said, the sooner it stops the better.

he in his own world. I have to get used to mine.

just another one of the "firsts" I suppose.

happy belated birthday to you too, hugs too!

Edited by i am gutted
spelling mistake
  • Like 1
whichwayisup

Hmm, I smell a Spa Day!! Time to pamper yourself and celebrate your birthday. Happy belated.

• Like 1
hi KEn. yea it did hurt a bit......after all this time to not acknowledge it but then like you said, the sooner it stops the better.

he in his own world. I have to get used to mine.

just another one of the "firsts" I suppose.

happy belated birthday to you too, hugs too!

Yes,the dreaded firsts! You will get used to your world and stop caring about his. It's a slow agonizing process but it's a steady one and will have a good ending if you let it. The more you let go, the freer you feel until one day you realize you have a whole life to live and you don't need him to enjoy it!

If he wished you a happy birthday it would have been a sucker punch anyway.

Thank you for your kind birthday wishes, I hope you're feeling better!

Ken

• Like 2

I completely understand. After all, you weren't just lovers; you were friends too. I certainly wouldn't expect and/or do anything for anniversary, like Ken (hahaha, not judging, that's just something I wouldn't wait for), but come on, it's your birthday, it doesn't hurt to say some nice words to someone you use to share your life with. Anyway, Ken has a great point though: had he said happy b-day to you, how would you feel? Maybe it being late makes it easier to move on. :)

• Like 1