Separation in the Back of my mind

Over the years I have played with the idea of leaving my wife to be alone. Although we get along pretty well, there is no real intimate attachment. Furthermore, I find great solace when I am at home and she is not here, I really enjoy my time by myself. No motivations in being with another woman or any woman involved at the moment. Its just me wanting to distance myself from this friendship or a marriage.

Over the years I have played with the idea of leaving my wife to be alone. Although we get along pretty well, there is no real intimate attachment. Furthermore, I find great solace when I am at home and she is not here, I really enjoy my time by myself. No motivations in being with another woman or any woman involved at the moment. Its just me wanting to distance myself from this friendship or a marriage.

D,

As someone who also craved alone time in my marriage, I can tell you that there is a huge difference between having those pockets of alone time in a relationship and being alone ALL THE TIME. Very big difference, trust me.

I would advise you to discuss this situation with your wife. Tell her how you are feeling and that you think you need more time alone. Maybe try marriage counseling. Since you and your wife do get along, there is a chance you can rebuild that intimacy, and you owe it to each other to communicate your needs and try to build a better relationship. One of your needs seems to be that you crave alone time. That's reasonable. Many people do, especially introverted people. There's also a chance your wife feels the same way but hasn't communicated that to you. I'd talk to her before you just up and leave. The grass isn't always greener, believe me.

• Like 1
  • Author

Hi K.

Yes I have considered your points about the difference between being alone all the time vs. alone during moments out of the day. During the years I was single I did have those all the time moments and understand how boring it can be at times. Some people would even be lonely, very lonely.

I have to admit, I am on the fence about this...she's actually not that bad, its just me being selfish.