OCD Thoughts, !

My wife was horrible and abusive. Really just rotten all the way around and only thought of herself. Abusive to my children, suffers from BPD. Not to go into all my problems with her. Years of problems.

About a month ago I set up really good boundaries. I'm not letting her be abusive to me anymore. Or manipulate me anymore.

I wake up everyday thinking about her. Who is she dating, what's he look like, will I run into her, does she care still, is she doing better than me, why do I have to pay her so much money, so on and so on.

I'm feeling better than I did a couple months ago. Been dating and meeting people. The woman I'm dating are way nicer than my ex-wife and much better looking. I was never really attracted to her. I found her to be just a rotten ugly person all the way around. That's what is weird.

Why can't I stop by thoughts! Wish she was dead to me. She was so horrible in so many ways It's hard to forgive her. But I'm trying.

Any advice on the thought around her?

Thanks!

Why can't I stop by thoughts! Wish she was dead to me. She was so horrible in so many ways It's hard to forgive her. But I'm trying.

Any advice on the thought around her?

Thanks!

I would bet that this happens because deep within your core, you haven't closed the door on the possibility of reconciling. Otherwise there would be no reason for you to look back.

In your mind, just assume she already re-married. What good will it do you to keep peeking into her life (in your mind), to see who the next sucker (sorry, no disrespect intended), is going to be. Just skip that part and move on.

• Like 1
  • Author

Hey thanks, great advice.

I try to picture her already married. She calls me like clockwork every morning and leaves a message. Or she sends me a text.

All around my daughter. Well that what she is using as an excuse to contact me.

I took my son to a basketball game last night and blocked her calls and just spent time with him. As soon as I unblock her I get some sort of communication around my daughter. I feel strong and just learning to except the fact I'll get a message from her.

I feel like I'm getting better at not responding and giving a darn.

And it is a manipulation to try to figure out my life. I'm moving on and feel great about it today.